Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jig Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Help

I started to flip through an old Field & Stream laying around and we reading an article. They said that this might be the best jig for crappie on the market today. They're called fuzzy tailed grubs. http://cottonmouthlures.com/catalog.htm#Fuzzyjig
    Someone is going to have to slap me when I ask this question, but I need to ask anyway. I want to try my hand at jig fishing this year, but don't really have an idea of what colors to get. What colors do you reccomend I start out with?

Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Talk to your local crappie fisherman for a start. They will know what works best on that lake at that time of year.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I like white for clear water and chartreuse for stained. Like ncnat said, check locally, but chartreuse is about as universal a color as there is.

Post Thanks / Like

Chartreuse for sure. Doesn't hurt to have a dark color like Smoke/Gray/Black for certain situations. And I never leave w/o some solid white. Any combination of those 3 colors is dynamite!
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team_RamRod
    I started to flip through an old Field & Stream laying around and we reading an article. They said that this might be the best jig for crappie on the market today. They're called fuzzy tailed grubs. http://cottonmouthlures.com/catalog.htm#Fuzzyjig
    Someone is going to have to slap me when I ask this question, but I need to ask anyway. I want to try my hand at jig fishing this year, but don't really have an idea of what colors to get. What colors do you reccomend I start out with?

Thanks for the help
    You have a PM from me.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Team_RamRod

Thanks for the help
    Here we use mostly Chartruse and any dark combo. I favor a pink and white in off color water. When it's clear silver and white works great too.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs