Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Warming up for ICE Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warming up for ICE Fishing

Well most of the small ponds here in northern Wisconsin are frozen over so that means the lakes are about 2-3 weeks away, sooner if the weather holds. Just thought I would start "warming" up for the upcoming ice fishing season. Hope you enjoy!

-Flopping Crappie

Likes scrat, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fun video,on occasion I use my ice rods while fishing soft water in my kayak,loads of fun,and helps me pass the time while waiting for hard water.
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video. We are dealing with night time temps in the low teens right now, but a warming trend is in progress. Hopefully back into the 50's by the end of this coming week.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Temps hovering at or below freezing here in Michigan. Soon, the ice flashers will be out. I'm not ready to be done on the soft water though. Been spoiled the last few years with trolling in December

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Nice job. Temps hovering at or below freezing here in Michigan. Soon, the ice flashers will be out. I'm not ready to be done on the soft water though. Been spoiled the last few years with trolling in December

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

I just tried to get out on the water this afternoon. I went to three different lakes and all the boat ramps were frozen out to about 30 yards. 1.5" of ice. I'm hoping with the warm up this week I can get the boat out one more time.