Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BGJP put to the test

Post Thanks / Like

Default BGJP put to the test

We had a good morning today. Hit the water at day light, cold, calm and foggy. Started off vertical jigging in the tops in 15 fow, caught a ton of dinks with only a couple keepers. Wind started to pick up and the fog cleared out so we went up the lake and commenced to pushing jigs on a creek ledge in 10 fow. Pulled 15 keepers up in an hours time before I had to make a run to work.

I did however have a mystery fish bury a 10' BGJP 5 eyes deep. It wasn't a slow hit either. Whatever it was hit that jig at full steam. I never turned him. 8lbs Mr Crappie on a baitcaster, drag screaming, hard on the TM to get back on him, and about 3 minutes in to the fight he hung me up. And of course the one time I'm not videoing. I'm an even bigger believer in BnM's now, it really should have snapped.
    Name:  HD0059.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  53.0 KB
    Likes blueball, 1187mg, Slab, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie for sure.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. I've also had my BGJP's wrapped up hard in the past and they held. I'm sold on them though some say they don't do everything. Mine cover many bases and keep coming back for more.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I snapped a wpcr10 today, just below the ferrule. Was double jigging a tree. 8# Mr crappie on it. The good news is, I got my jig back!
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.