Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 11/9/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 11/9/17

Walt & I hit the Oxbow on the Ct. River system this morning. We didn't launch until 10:40 am due to the extreme cold last night. It was only 34 degrees when we launched at that time! The water was a lot warmer at 52 degrees. Actually, with the sun and light to non-existent breezes, the water rose to almost 55 degrees by the time we pulled off at 1:30 pm. A heat wave!

We were a little disappointed when stopping at our first spot and Walt got this guy:

Name:  Walt_Dace.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  157.9 KB

I suppose a dace is better than nothing, but come on! So we motored to another deeper section and things really started to heat up. First with yellows and then with crappie. We had a pretty decent couple of hours actually, with 66 fish caught & released. Most were caught on straight tails, but Walt was nailing some dandies on Slider Grubs as well. And of course, the Road Runners did well too.

Here are a couple of sonar shots as we fished today:

Name:  11.7 Feet.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  86.0 KB

Name:  13.7 Feet.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  81.7 KB

Here are some shots of some of the fish we caught today:

Name:  Rich_C1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  182.4 KB

Name:  Walt_C1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  Rich_Y1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  163.6 KB

Name:  Walt_Y1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  199.3 KB

Name:  Rich_Y2.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  Walt_C2.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  198.3 KB

Name:  Rich_C2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  164.4 KB

And here's our tally sheet for our time on the water:

Name:  Tally Sheet.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  159.2 KB

When we pulled off, the air had risen to 48 degrees! Next few days are suppose to be below normal, with highs in the low 30's. But, by the end of next week, 50 degree temps are suppose to revisit us once again. So, we did not put the boat away - yet. Will only do so if the long range forecast maintains near freezing and/or snow is in the forecast. this time of the year, the fishing only gets better and better. Maybe we'll be catching 'em on Xmas Eve?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

You guys nailed it!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.