Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions please

Anyone running a Triton 179TRX or 189TRX? Looking at a first glass boat. PLEASE talk me out of it LOL
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

krappiekrazy has a Triton 179

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a skeeter SX200 bay boat myself and I don't miss my aluminum boat at all. Better ride and a lot better in the wind. Also my first 4 stroke. I will never go back to a 2stroke or aluminum. Yes they cost more but it's so much more enjoyable on the water. I would give bay boats a look to no carpet and they are more versatile. I can catfish, striped bass, crappie bass and go to the bay a fish sait water For the same $$ as most bass boats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Spaceman, J.M., barrelslime, RogerA, skiptomylu LIKED above post

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lowe, the wind is my main reason to look at a glass boat. My 17' G3 gets pushed around with just a 10 mph wind . I fished near, or should I say a guy in a glass boat pulled up close to me the other day and we were butting a 14 mph wind and he just set there, i was fighting to stay in one spot and if I got off the troller I was gone from my spot and had to troll back into the wind.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the money is not a problem go for it. If your not able to drop the extra cash then keep fish in what you got. Nothing wrong with a aluminum boat if it's all you got. I say I wouldn't go back but if my money changed so would my boat. Good luck with what ever you go with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Will say you can still do the aluminum boats, but need one kind of like mine or larger. I have a 17' Deep V Lund and it's not at all like the G3 you talking about and I also had one of them before I got my Lund, I also have a 115 4 stroke on it and love the entire rig. Now I am not talking from one that has just owned aluminum boats either. Before I had the G3, I had a 20' Skeeter with a 200 and loved it too, maybe should have kept it? However now that I have the Lund and me getting older every minute, the Lund is more comfortable to move around in and the 17' looks a lot larger than a 17' boat. Look before you leap is all I would say. Now G3 also has one almost exactly like my Lund and I researched it to death and felt better about the Lund since they have been making these for many many years and engineering deluxe. It was the 300 pounds heavier the G3 is that made me look as hard as I did. So there are aluminum boats that are also really good in the wind, maybe not quite as good as a really deluxe bass boat, but I trust my Lund in rough water or wouldn't have it on Toledo Bend as this lake can get really bad and dangerous!

Anyway what can it hurt to look?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip Iv looked at deep v for a couple of years now and would love to spend a day on one to see how it works out.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

Fished several times in a buddies 189TRX and it was a nice boat for sure, rode great and fished great. But I will second the advice of a bay boat. Love mine and got it way less than a Triton or Nitro even. If your not too far from a Sportsman dealer and they have the Island Bay series take a look at them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    Skip Iv looked at deep v for a couple of years now and would love to spend a day on one to see how it works out.
    You should do it! If you lived closer to me you would see. Let me ask you a question; I don't know your age or TV watching habits, but have you ever watched any of the In Fisherman shows? About all they use is Lund, plus the great lake before bass boats got to be 20' and longer all you ever saw on those huge lakes were guys fishing in a Lund! I have a friend that had (not sure if he still has it) like a 20' or 21', don't remember which one, but that thing was huge, really huge! If you get in a bass boat the same length as a Lund the Lund will seem so much larger. Now it will not perform at 70 or 80 MPH like a bass boat, but they run fast enough and the depth of the boat is so much safer for a guy my age. Oh and also should make most women feel safer in a Lund!

You owe it to your self to make sure your right when you make your buy! If you had them side by side I am not sure which one would be best in your eyes, but bet the Lund even though much more costly than a normal aluminum boat will not be near say what a big Ranger or Skeeter Bass boat will cost!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker Targa which is a nice deep V 18 foot boat it all depends on where you live I fish a lot of trees and everything and I'm starting to look at getting a Nitro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2011 Z8 250 Mercury
    Solix 15
    360 on Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast