Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pond Fishing Today 3-13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pond Fishing Today 3-13

went out and fished a local pond tonight with my son Josh and my buddy catfish hunter. i really didnt expect to catch much of anything, the ice JUST came off of this pond on Saturday !!! we picked up some minnows and a few wax worms at cripple creek bait shop and headed out !!! we were ALL pleasantly surprised, the crappies and small gills were biting very GOOD !!! catfish hunter ended up with 6 crappies and 4 gills , josh had 7 fish total and i ended up catching 6 small crappies !!! there were definitely no giants but they were alot of fun to catch and I GOT MY FIRST FISH OF THE YEAR !!! all of the crappies were SMALL 5-8 inches long !!!
    Brian Huff
    Dennison Ohio

Tuscarawas County Bankfishermens Association 9 Years and Going strong !!!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the catch!
    JESUS CHRIST AND AMERICAN G.I.'s ARE THE ONLY TWO DEFINING FORCES THAT
    EVER COULD OR DID DIE FOR YOU. ONE DIED FOR YOUR SOUL; AND THE OTHER
    FOR YOUR FREEDOM

Post Thanks / Like

went back out with catfish hunter and tried the same pond tonight with minnows, the bite was slow until right at dark and then we caught a few crappies. i ended up with 7 SMALL crappies and catfish hunter caught 6 SMALL crappies. catfish hunter hung into a BIG largemouth that i guess was around 20 inches long and it came off right next to the bank. he had it on live minnow also, probably wouldda landed the fish if he wouldda been using a larger hook.
    Brian Huff
    Dennison Ohio

Tuscarawas County Bankfishermens Association 9 Years and Going strong !!!