Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer placement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer placement

My 2d transducer (not shown in photo) is installed where those two patched holes are showing. However the 2d does not show on plan. What do you guys think if I put the hdsi transducer under the jackplate and install the 2d transducer in its place.Name:  IMG_0284.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  133.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

If the holes you are referring to are the ones higher and

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2016 Lowe st 175 merc 60 4 stroke, helix 9 si / helix 9, terrova us2 with link, drift master rod holders . I fish because the voices in my tackle box tell me to, and who am i to argue

Post Thanks / Like

More towards the center, I’m pretty sure the transducer is to high up.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    2016 Lowe st 175 merc 60 4 stroke, helix 9 si / helix 9, terrova us2 with link, drift master rod holders . I fish because the voices in my tackle box tell me to, and who am i to argue

Post Thanks / Like

I would try it, to read on plane the 2d transducer needs to be mounted down next to the bottom of the boat. I had my SI imaging unit mounted up high on my boat with a temporary mount and it worked fine before I moved it over to my kayak. Mounted up high usually works for the SI transducer because you are running slow when you use it usually 1 to 5 mph. I just bought another boat and plan to pull the SI off the kayak and put it on the new boat. I have been using a 1x2x28" oak and mounting the transducer to the oak and then using a C clamp to clamp the oak and transducer to my transom on my boat to try out locations before permanently mounting. My boats being aluminum makes this pretty easy, you man not be able to do this on a fiberglass boat. Now hopefully someone with more experience than me will chime in.