HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love to catch Crappie, Catfish, bream & bass, in that order.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I love to catch Crappie, Catfish, bream & bass, in that order.

I spend about 60% of my time fishing for Crappie, 20% for bluegills/redears, 15% for catfish and 5% for bass. I know a lot of my friends fish only for Crappie. I just love to fish and the challenge of it. I truly love my Crappie fishing but some days, I want to fish for another fish. How many of you feel the same. Just wondering.
    Likes Red190, Slab, hdhntr, #1slabseeker, silverside, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

In the spring, we sometimes will break from crappie and hit the lake trout which tend to run the shallow shorelines for smelt when the ice is out and the water gets into the low 50's. We also manage to squeeze in a trip or two for smallmouths, but at least 75% of our time is dedicated to crappie.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Thanks trypman1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fly fishing for Smoky Mountain wild trout. My other money pit!
    Likes trypman1 LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

nope, can't think of anyone like that lol Name:  20171009_094512.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  41.0 KBName:  Video 49 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  53.8 KBName:  Video 106 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  58.1 KBName:  Video 32 0 00 00-07.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  41.6 KB
    Likes ad1974, trypman1, footballcoach, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm an opportunist when it comes to fishing. Crappie, catfish, bream, bass..
    Shrimp when they're running the river and throwing out some crab pots too
    Whatever is biting and will keep my daughters interested
    Likes trypman1, "D" LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got to have a change up now and then.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Thanks trypman1 thanked you for this post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much 99% of the time I'm after Crappie, with the other 1% being a once a year night fishing trip for Bass (Birthday tradition with one of my fishing buddies). But, even during that Bass outing, if I have a chance I will cast for Hybrid Stripers under large dock lights. I catch as many other species of fish when Crappie fishing, as I probably would targeting them specifically ... so, I just go Crappie fishing. I'll release everything but Crappie, usually, unless I'm fishing with or for family/friends that don't care about species & just want some "fish" to eat.

I started with Crappie, 60 some years ago ... and have made many trips for other species along the way ... I just never let go of my love of Crappie fishing (or eating) whenever the chance came. While I've eaten Bass, various Sunfish, Catfish, White Bass, Hybrid Stripers, Drum, Muskie, Striped Bass, and even Asian Carp .... none hold a candle to a couple three or five fillets of fried Crappie.
    Likes trypman1, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I spend most of my time trying to go after crappie, but love bluegill, cats, and bass. Sometimes ill even do two types of fishing at once...Bream fish for bait to use for catfish. Im just addicted to the thump of crappie. My goal is to learn enough about them, myself, and my lake to be able to target (and catch) them year round.

Post Thanks / Like

Great response from all of you. Eagle 1 and myself are on the same page for sure. I do love my catfish. A normal trip for me includes - catching a few small bream for jugs and Crappie fishing the rest of the day. I also will catch some bull bluegills, with my fly rod. I do catch a lot of Crappie. I fish the Ms. big four a lot. Ain't life grand!!

Post Thanks / Like

First love was sunfish, then bass and for most of my life bluegill/bass dude and some catfish. only in last 20 years have targeted trips for crappie when on my buddies boat but had an incredible private lake, had to marry a gal for it but hey you do what you gotta do right? where you would fill up a two man boat with bass and bluegill only and loved it.

Now it's all about crappie at my lake house but at our condo on LSL it's about catfish primarily on dock lines and big bass while casting for crappie. Even getting trout down at taneycomo and going to STL area lakes where MO CD stocks trout in the parks. It's about opportunity and what your buddies want to do. also do grey snapper in FL and should be after redfish, snook and specled trout down in FL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast