PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Garland ....

Ketchn
10-31-2017, 05:19 AM
itty bitty slab slay r ....double silver rainbow , for some reason I have yet to make up my mind about why we have lots and lots of tiny fish everywhere this year in multiple locations . why would there be so much fry going into the winter months is beyond my understanding of mother nature . fry in most cases rely on a food chain of micro organisms that make up most of the diet in little itty bitty fish and in the colder waters on the fall and winter months these are not readily available in large amounts needed for schools of fry . according to the fisheries biologist this is why the "fall" spawn occurs very infrequently in crappie. you see mother nature has a way of knowing the best time for young to be born to ensure the best chance for survival .
anyway all that said we have been hurting large crappie in several locations with ...itty bitty baits , and to top it off in some cases you cant even get bit with a larger bait .it goes against all I have always heard and I have not come up with the who what or why ....
but if all else fails ...give them a try
this bait in particular put a classic lip rip on them recently ..... :ThumbsUp

Crestliner08
10-31-2017, 05:34 AM
Looks really good. I'll have to give them a try. I've found plentiful small fish, including crappie, this fall so far. Not sure what's going on here, but last year we were in a severe drought. This year we have a surplus of rain and high water. Maybe this is why Mother Nature is doing what she's doing?

Red190
10-31-2017, 05:55 AM
I love the slow fall of them on a 1/32 jig. Better be a line watcher, cause most of the time you won’t fell anything when they take it on the way down.

huntinslabs
10-31-2017, 07:55 AM
Love them lil baits but they are sure hard to come by.

murdok
10-31-2017, 09:43 AM
Love them lil baits but they are sure hard to come by.

our academy here in hattiesburg keeps em but limited colors. i just order mine from grizzley. i've done real good with em. they usually start coming apart after 4-5 fish but hey, there cheap.

CrappiePappy
10-31-2017, 09:52 AM
Some years back I was down in Tenn fishing on Watts Bar Lake in late Oct .... and several times came upon schools of Shad working their way down the bank. OK, not all that surprising. But, what was surprising was the size of those Shad :yikes These fish were probably no more than 1.5" long ... if that !!

I've even seen it in some of my local, Central KY lakes, and was even more surprised at them being that size at this time of year.

It may also explain why using the 1.5" Panfish Assassins has been productive through the latter part of the year, as it has been very early in the year. :dono

hdhntr
10-31-2017, 10:32 AM
good stuff outlaw as usual.

skeetbum
10-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Earlier this year I had a bite going with those tiny base you show some very good trips I have a whole box full of different colors

huntinslabs
11-01-2017, 06:25 AM
our academy here in hattiesburg keeps em but limited colors. i just order mine from grizzley. i've done real good with em. they usually start coming apart after 4-5 fish but hey, there cheap.

Our Academy dont have em, Bass pro dont have em and I dont see them listed on Grizzly Jig. Been ordering them straight from Bobby Garland website. Wish i could find em local.

Red190
11-01-2017, 06:36 AM
Call grizzly jig. They have lots of stuff not listed

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

SKs Crappie Catching Adventures
11-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Not only do color changes make a difference between ketchn or not size changes often make that difference also....
That's the way to figure them out Ketchn.......:cheers2