Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall "Peak"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall "Peak"

I did really well in early October. Catching quite a few nice fish with some consistently.

I haven't caught a crappie in weeks though, I'm starting to wonder if the good fishing has already come and gone.

At what water temperature do you guys consider to be the peak of fall fishing? Water temps are in the low 60s here.

Post Thanks / Like

This has been one of the worst falls I can remember in a long time. We have had one cold front after the other and the fish haven't had time to get over it. Also this was one of the worst year I've seen in a while. I've been on fish this fall but the last few weeks it's been hard to catch them. I did have some luck Friday by down sizing so give that a try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atimm693 View Post
    I did really well in early October. Catching quite a few nice fish with some consistently.

I haven't caught a crappie in weeks though, I'm starting to wonder if the good fishing has already come and gone.

At what water temperature do you guys consider to be the peak of fall fishing? Water temps are in the low 60s here.
    2 more weeks and it will be on! Weather will get stable and so will water temp and they will be biting. They will be biting well due to the bad fronts and weather we have had!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie school tighter in the fall and of course hang around structure just find the structure with fish on it or look for bait fish if you don't have a lot of structure. You should be able to catch crappie in the normal fall areas until the temp. gets down to 50 or lower when they will move out to the deepest areas of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

So far this fall I have had to rely on my sonar more than ever to find and locate crappie. They have moved more than ever due to different weather situations. One day they are where I would think they would be then the next day they would be in a totally different place. From shallow to deep, suspended, and sometimes near the bottom. Best advice I can give is if you have sonar learn to use and trust it. If you don't have sonar save your money up and buy the biggest screen and best one you can afford. Crappie(all fish) are fatten up for the winter now so find the shad, minnows, (food) etc. and you will find the fish.
    Be safe and good luck fishing