Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Russell

Hey Gaboy Do You Ever Fish Lake Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there....I can't say that I have fished that one either....I just recently got into the travelling around to try new lakes....the large majority of my fishing is at Oconee, Sinclair, Jackson, Talquin, (High Falls - a few years ago), (Seminole - ONE TIME and NEVER AGAIN) and soon to add West Point, Wateree, Santee, and Clarks Hill within the next few months.....

Hopefully, try to get out to the Alabama way as well, but not sure if I will have enough time.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default GaBoy - Lakes

GABoy - had to chuckle at your post - I could have written it. Have you fished Weiss, I want to try it this year. Fished Talquin 3 years ago and have been back 3 or 4 times. I am close to Jackson but usually go to Oconee - Use to live near Athens and Oconee was only 30 min away. Did go to Savannah chain tho - Hartwell, Russell, and Clarke Hill. Russell is beautiful -- mostly natural shoreline. Lots of trees in the creeks and coves so couldn't troll but could fish trees and cast to bank when they were shallow - was a good crappie lake. I usually put into the creeks well north of Elberton and even in the river below Hartwell when the white bass were running. Good Luck, JimA

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how that usually works huh???

You find a couple lakes that you get to know well and you get some honey holes and it is tough to get yourself to get up and get motivated to try somewhere new.....why fix it when it ain't broken????

I want to get to Weiss this spring too....one more to add to the list!!!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default hartwell dam

Quote Originally Posted by JimA
    GABoy - had to chuckle at your post - I could have written it. Have you fished Weiss, I want to try it this year. Fished Talquin 3 years ago and have been back 3 or 4 times. I am close to Jackson but usually go to Oconee - Use to live near Athens and Oconee was only 30 min away. Did go to Savannah chain tho - Hartwell, Russell, and Clarke Hill. Russell is beautiful -- mostly natural shoreline. Lots of trees in the creeks and coves so couldn't troll but could fish trees and cast to bank when they were shallow - was a good crappie lake. I usually put into the creeks well north of Elberton and even in the river below Hartwell when the white bass were running. Good Luck, JimA
    hey jima
    what part of ga do live. I AM ABOUT 15 MILES FROM HARTWELL DAM.
    JUST STARTED FISHING FOR CRAPPIE ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO.MAYBE
    CAN GIVE ONE ANOTHER SOME INFO ABOUT WHEN BITING .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hartwell Area

CR - now live in Henry Co, but spent 20 years in Athens-- Hour to Lanier, hour to Hartwell, Russell, Clarke Hill, Hr and half to Sinclair, and just half hr to Oconee ! Couldn't beat it ! I enjoyed fishing the river below Hartwell dam and the river above Oconee when white bass were running - I always thought it seemed the crappie were making spawning runs too as you would catch both. Wish I was still over that way, but the Savannah chain is just too far away now -- especially with Jackson just a few miles away and Oconee an hr and half away. I liked Russell more than Hartwell for Crappie or Bass -- just seemed easier to fish. Used to put in on Coldwater or near the State Park on the upper end. Lots of coves, cover, etc. Give it a try, I think you will like it -- but watch for stumps and sticks at the water line ! Good Luck, JimaA

Post Thanks / Like

I got some friends up that way in Henry Co....actually one works at Horsetown in McDonough....and I have several others that live in the High Falls, Jackson way....

I am out in Jones Co....further south though...
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid-Ga

GB - was down that way month ago for a Granddaughter's cheerleader competition of all things. There is a pro crappie fisher near there that has a shop at his house. Most any crappie bait you would need - and you could learn a lot from him. Met him at Fish-A-Rama last year - can't remember his name but nice guy - and I think he and his partner had just won a national Crappiethon event. Have you fished Occ, Jack, or Sinc lately ? Any luck ? I havn't been since June but am ready to get out there after this cold snap. If nothing else check out my boat before heading to Talquin. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

I bet I know who you are talking about.....Steve is his name...he owns The Crappie Shop in Gray, GA.

If you need anything let me know and I will ask him if it okay to post his number here....he ships some orders out, but only in fairly large quanitities to make up for the shipping costs.

Let me know....he has anything and everything you can imagine.

That is where I get all of my supplies, the selection is AMAZING, and the prices are better than anywhere else I have seen.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I actually fished both Jackson and Sinclair in the past month.....

Jackson stunk...the water was down more than 5 ft....and didn't get a single fish......

Sinclair on the other hand was great....we caught 22 and kept 14.....there are some pictures I posted last weekend.....we had one that was 1lb 8oz, one that 1lb 7oz., and one that was 1lb 5 oz. as our best 3.....they were all over filet size........wouldn't have kept them otherwise....but, Sinclair was great....I haven't been to Oconee that recently.....it has been about 2 months or so.....

And I am headed to West Point this weekend....
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast