HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minnkota ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota ultrex

After waiting several weeks my minnkota ultrex finally came in and got installed Friday and so far it's much more hate that love!!! Biggest issue I have with it thus far is when deployed the foot pedal is in constant mode, sometimes it will shut off if I tap the "momentary on/off switch" (moob) several times but usually it's too late and I'm already in the bushes then only way to shut it down is turn the dial to OFF! Second issue I have is when engaging spot lock motor head will turn around 180 ( dead reverse) and spot lock will shut off. And help or advice with these issues is greatly appreciated!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota ultrex

I would call MK first thing this morning, and ask them to ship you a new one.
    I never use the foot pedal so I can’t help there.
    Have you tried using the remote?
    Spot lock should not be turning loose until you say so.
    One thing to bear in mind, if you are spotlocked and something, say a cord gets under the foot pedal. That will cause SL to quit on its own, since the range of travel was interrupted. Remove the blockage and it will work correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post
    Thanks Bigslab11 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Boat should be almost dead still when spotlock is engaged. No help on shutdown.
    Fish hard live hard.
    Likes Bigslab11 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Find out if whoever installed it, "indexed" the pedal. I have read several things that doing it wrong will cause the motor to not be able to rotate as far as it should... producing too much tension... which causes spotlock to disengage. Most just skip that part in the manual about "indexing the pedal" because they are fine with it the way it came. Customer service will probable want to know this as well. I have seen some others with the foot switch acting the way you say. Seems like it has something to do with the magnet under the switch/pedal. Usually a VERY small adjustment has taken care of it, but I would call Minn Kota first though.

On a side note...Just to ask... you did do the pairing with the heading sensor and heading sensor calibration and offset calibration setting (with the remote) steps, right? I don't think these things have anything to do with your issues, but they are important steps.
    Likes milliman3216 LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Akaslyguy has some good points, I did not index my TM, it was fine from the factory.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like to me you aren't pairing the bluetooth gps puck.

Post Thanks / Like

You are moving to fast when you hit the anchor button. When the unit spins around backwards its because its trying to stop your foward momentum. If the motor is as deep as it will go in the water, the pig tailed cord will get caught between the shaft and tm mount and fault out. It will also cut the US2 cord(trust me, I know). When it faults you will hear 3 high pitched beeps.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Post Thanks / Like

The post above reminded me.... If you have a external transducer on it... make sure the cable has plenty of slack at the top for the motor to turn around to both directions stopping points. A few people have not had enough slack and the motor snapped the cable.
    Likes Redge, Bigslab11 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone I will try everything before I send off and wait on replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Did you talk to Minn Kota yet? Curious what they told you. I have also been hearing lately that they are mostly having people take the motors to a certified service center now instead of replacing... but I'm sure that depends on the situation. At first, because they were so new, they replaced about anything with a new motor.