Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sea Deck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea Deck

Has anyone applied sea deck to an aluminum boat? My Alumacraft has somewhat of a rough surface. I've been thinking about glueing carpet but I really like sea deck. Would I need to sand down a little smoother to allow good adhesion? Any past experience would help me decide which way to go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Seadeck is great stuff and holds up very well. But expensive, so I would suggest contacting them for help. I understand their customer service is outstanding and will point you in the right direction for installation.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of products out there along with Seadek, just about all of them use some type of 3M adhesive backing. When it sticks, it Sticks on a clean surface. I have replaced some pads and did clean the old glue/adhesive before applying.

https://www.aquamarinedeck.com/
    GatorStep - Marine Non Skid - OEM Solutions for Boating, Aircraft & RV

Post Thanks / Like

ive worked with that stuff before and its really not necessary to sand it unless you have burrs or uneven spots in the metal. the main thing is it needs to be clean, clean, clean. the last one i did we washed the inside real good, then vacuumed with a shop vac. let it dry thoroughly and then i took a rag and bottle of alcohol and wiped down the surface to be covered. i put down the floor covering and pulled the boat outside and let it set in the sun for a while. that was 9 months ago and it hasn't offered to come up.

Post Thanks / Like

My Alumacraft has that rough paint on the walking surfaces. I really like the sea deck. It's clean and neat looking. I think I will use a DA sander to knock down some of the roughness and clean with acetone before I apply. Probably wait until next spring since the metal deck will not burn the wife's feet until.then. plus it will give me a good hot surface to apply and let bake on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro turf is sort of the same thing its the type used in gator trax boats.
    https://www.hydroturf.com/hydro-request-boating