Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 10/20/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 10/20/17

We launched around 9 am once again. Air temp was 55 degrees and the water was at 62 degrees. With a warming trend taking place. Suppose to be breezy, but you couldn't prove it by us. Started out with light to variable light breezes, maybe up to 5 mph at most.

We did better numbers wise today with 38 fish caught & released today. A more even split than our last venture for sure! We started out poorly with only a dozen or so by 11 am. But once the breeze picked up and we were able to drift, we started picking them off, one by one. No heavy concentrations as we started out shallow and worked deeper:

Name:  7.8 Feet.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  72.8 KB

Most were not very big however; nothing like what we hit on Friday. And most of these were taken in deeper water, around 10 - 12 feet. Again, drifting 1/16 oz. ball heads with the straight tails getting the most attention. I did get one on my "gray ghost" roadrunner, but even paddle tails received little attention.

Here's the best of the day:

Name:  Walt.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  184.6 KB

And to show you I actually can catch a crappie:

Name:  Rich.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  203.4 KB

So, all in all, a very pleasant day to be on the water. We pulled off at 2 pm as usual, with about 5 hrs. of fishing. Saw the eagle today for a change. But he left after laughing at us around 10 am!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys rock!
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another good day on the water!
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.