HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Confidence factor in reverse !

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Confidence factor in reverse !

So here we go on a little afternoon boat ride , beautiful day and nothing in the way . We have this here confidence factor going on and off we go looking for crappie thinking its going to be a hammer festival . We travel the lake for hours back and forth ,north and south ,shallow to deep ....ONE peck each and NO fish of any species after almost 3 hours ! We found them in numbers out in very deep water suspended in very tall submerged timber and there was some kinda herd of them out there ! Couldn't beg a bite no matter what we tried on that herd and about the time we decided it was going to be a skunker my phone rings .......
    My bud says hey why don't you go way south to that little cove we visit when they spawn , says he found fish in there very shallow ? So in a last effort to not leave with our tails tucked we make the long run . We get there and begun to pitch jigs a bit , he says they were about 4 our 5 foot deep under a float when he was there and of course I didn't bring any floats
    So after a few minutes I manage a crappie fish near the bank and my bud thanks me for not let us get skunked
    Cant repeat the program though and cuss under my breath I don't have a float , then all the sudden my bud manages 2 small black nose on a roadrunner right tight to the bank, then I ketch one casting to the bank as well .The one problem we have is the program is about 2 fish to a jig because of the rocks and cover by the bank and our presentation choice ....THEN it happens ....he finds a few little floats designed to be slip floats and I said oh boy its about to be some kinda problem for these here fish brother . I say just run the line thru the float and use the line guide as a peg and peg the depth at about 4 foot down .
    Sure enough it gets ugly fast for those bank crappie fish and for about an hour we ketch them on every cast !
    They are a mixed bag of black and white and all different sizes as well and we end up having us a great time playing with them . We released them all and I released one rather large Mohawk right up beside the boat because I couldn't lift it on my rod and grabbed the line
    So I got my line broke a few times by some larger fish and we lost one or 27 in the fiasco that ensued , but to be sure what an ending it was .....quite the grand performance and all alone up by the bank we were .
    Remember this folks , the confidence factor can most certainly work in reverse and even those that are fair at ketchn crappie can in fact be humbled by these here fish ...
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes scrat, hdhntr, Jwater, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well we had a report similar but without the great ending. Water in Lake Austin dropped to 74 degrees and is still slightly stained. Could not get them to bite even on minnows. Glorious morning but fished hard for 5 hours for two crappie. Glad it worked out for you Ketchn. We would have never thought to go shallow this time of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Likes Crappiedayz LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice pictures and some nice fish thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Bye the way , water temperature was 73 when we got there and 71 at dusk when we left and the birds were working the lake over and semi dead large threadfin shad were all over the lake .......?

Post Thanks / Like

working hard at hunting where the bite is and nice to have a bud who puts you on them. great ending to the day and have heard they are moving shallow but in my lake they were not very aggressive last few days, yet. Great work in adjusting and figuring out something that worked.

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely use a float, but starting to realize that is just stupid on my part. Great story!

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for the grammar and misspells and such these new computers have a mind of their own .....and I cant edit the original post
    Thanks PawPaw Gene thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    I rarely use a float, but starting to realize that is just stupid on my part. Great story!
    float fishing for crappie is a year round thing for me mostly off the bank , but to be sure its flat fun as heck and rather productive sometimes as well

Post Thanks / Like

I would wear floats on my ears if I thought I could catch more crappie.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Thanks Ralo79 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    A lot of great floats on the market...check out the "WOBBLE BOBBER" by THILL Name:  Featured1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by Mosquitopat; 10-28-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast