Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Noticed something

Post Thanks / Like

Default Noticed something

Has anyone else noticed this? I've been paying attention lately and it seems like when the barometric pressure is below thirty, I just fill the boat with them. When it gets above thirty, I struggle a little bit. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I need to start checking the barometric pressure. If this is true I never go fishing when it is below thirty.
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Its true barometric pressure has everything to do with the bite but I still say go fish everytime you get the chance favorable conditions or not. I just enjoy being on the water so much more (if that is possible lol) as I get older and older and the fish have less and less to do with whether or not I have a good time or not. I just think about all the times I have missed going due to my health problems that just getting out there is so much more important to me today than catching even a single fish anymore. You know the old song "You never miss your water til the well runs dry" that would be me! Good fishing to all! Speck

Post Thanks / Like

croppiedude - If I remember correctly, Guy Winters out of Missouri had a good article in Crappie Magazine quite a few issures back regarding barometric pressure. I think he said the best bite occurred between 29.80 and 30.20.
    Ken

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    croppiedude - If I remember correctly, Guy Winters out of Missouri had a good article in Crappie Magazine quite a few issures back regarding barometric pressure. I think he said the best bite occurred between 29.80 and 30.20.
    My wife bought me one of those fishing barometers several years ago and according to it, that is when the best fishing is suppose to be. However, I have been keeping track of pressures each trip for several years now. Usually, if the barometer is falling, catching is off.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    My wife bought me one of those fishing barometers several years ago and according to it, that is when the best fishing is suppose to be. However, I have been keeping track of pressures each trip for several years now. Usually, if the barometer is falling, catching is off.
    It may be unique to the lake I fish. Anyway, just when I think I've got them figured out, they make a fool out of me.