Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Norris Lake Report 3/12/07...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Norris Lake Report 3/12/07...

Who sez there ain't no crappie in Norris Lake? Went out last Friday and again yesterday...found 'em in 8-10 ft of water in the head of a creek, near a big blowdown...all 12-13 inchers, with one citation size...females had immature eggs...spawn should be within a coupla weeks...the bad news: my old Evinrude finally quit (gears shot)...anybody got a shop manual for a 1968 18HP?

Bushrod :-P

Post Thanks / Like

Got any pictures? Your motors only 4 years younger than me.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrod
    Who sez there ain't no crappie in Norris Lake? Went out last Friday and again yesterday...found 'em in 8-10 ft of water in the head of a creek, near a big blowdown...all 12-13 inchers, with one citation size...females had immature eggs...spawn should be within a coupla weeks...the bad news: my old Evinrude finally quit (gears shot)...anybody got a shop manual for a 1968 18HP?

Bushrod :-P
    I have a shop manual. I also have a 1969 Evinrude 18 with a lot of new parts should you need anything. I think the only thing it's missing is the propellor, and it has electric start.

Lemme know how I can help.

Congrats on the fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Matt...you are one lifesaver, man...how far is White House from Lake City? Would be happy to travel there & reimburse you for any parts/info I need...hate to part with the old motor...my Dad bought it in 1968, along with the Sears, Roebuck & Co. fibreglass skiff I'm still using...it appears the gears are slipping...managed to go 10-15 mph...anything above that, the gears slipped out and motor revved...tried reverse...same thing...after shifting the gears back & forth several times, they engaged and I made the slow trip back...in your opinion, am I looking at a big money problem, or just a shift lever malfunction? BTW, are you willing to sell the 1969 motor if I can't fix mine? I have two props...thanks for any info...I also sent you a PM...

Bill a.k.a. "Bushrod"

Post Thanks / Like

Try to put it in gear at the motor.If you can get it in gear there it might just be your shifter or cable. If you want to look at those gears it would probably only take about 10 minutes to take prop shaft out.
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.