Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ky Lake 10/14/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky Lake 10/14/17

As I woke up at 5am Saturday morning and looked at the TVA app, it said they were pulling only 12,000 cfs and a small rise occurring. So, I got dressed and made my 0.6 miles trek to the ramp. I'm lovin' our camper!!!
    I had gotten some minners and had planned on some recon and R&D since I hadn't spider rigged since early June, but I was loaded for bear.
    I had already made my mind up on a location to begin, and the dawn thirty ride was breath taking. As I approached I began doing some scanning and noticed the water temp which was 69.8 degrees. I decided on my starting depth range, swung the nose around, and began putting out the rods. Before I could get all 8 rods out, and tipped with a minner or nibble, I already had caught 2 crappie and hoping that this trend would continue. By the end of the outing, my shorts clicker said 74, and my keepers clicker said 13. Total count = 87
    Now, my shorts are anything under 11 inches. So, if I had been keeping legal fish, I could had been back on the trailer with a limit of fillets and sitting at the camper by 9am.
    Regardless, I didn't have a limit, but 13 feeshes all over 11" is a great day in my book!! They all taste the same with that golden brown outer coat!!
    Fall is here!
    Name:  14673.jpeg
Views: 556
Size:  83.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes callen, Mike58, medic795, Northforker LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good catch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a quality trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea on the size limit. Did the same thing at Okeechobee last winter, set the boat size limit to 12". You get to fish longer and get a better bunch of fish (not just numbers) if you are on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch. wish I was .6 to the lake
    If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Col 3:1