HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: When it dont matter ........

Post Thanks / Like

Default When it dont matter ........

Sometimes crappie can be very finicky , I got it handed to me a week or so ago because I didn't have this one lil tiny bait and the presentation of said bait with me that day . The crappie that day would only eat a very very small blue and chart bait a buddy of mine makes and am not kidding around about it . I even had a guy walk up with one and fish right behind me and whack them good along with the guy I was visiting who was putting a hurt on them .
    Sure wasn't ketchn many crappie that day and to make matters worse I was ketchn the heck out of bluegill instead ....heck my bud went and got a bucket and told me to put them in it because they were running trotlines later ....
    Then there are those days .....When it don't matter ....Case in point .
    Went out to a local lake I like and told my bud we should visit it because even though its been weeks since I have been there I have this feeling its right about on fire over there . Sure enough we hit it about 1 pm and began to rip slab crappie at every stop .
    We also managed to ketch spotted bass ,bluegill,white bass, yellow bass,drum and largemouth bass as well . Everything on the lake had the feed bag on for sure .
    And in these types of instances ...When it don't matter ...it really don't matter , I was playing with these fish and so was he and we didn't want any so they all went back in . I dropped every color feather and plastic and in sizes from 1/32 all the way up to the ever dreaded 1/8 anchor jig ....
    Sure was some fun and last pitch with said big ole 3 inch 1/8 chart handtie bout got my arm dislocated by something that resembled a train and never looked back as it left with my big ole jig
    so you see selfie season has in fact begun ....
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty yawl ....
    p.s. put in one photo of the last time I saw that jig .......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes JimmyCricket, S10CHEVY, hdhntr, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! Since you like them little offerings, what’s the normal depths you like to fish? ie what’s the deepest you will use a 1/32?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redge View Post
    Nice report! Since you like them little offerings, what’s the normal depths you like to fish? ie what’s the deepest you will use a 1/32?

I will drop a 1/32 as deep as 20 or so feet sometimes or might upsize to 1/24 in those cases . If its really windy I might even go 1/16 , but I almost never ever use a 1/8 , the last stop of the day the wind was cooking and we were trying get a fast fall in an area we had to cast to to and get the bait down in the strike zone about 14 foot before the wind drove the jig out of the area the fish were in .
    bet I got several thousand jigs in my arsenal and maybe 20 or 30 are 1/8 ....
    this particular lake though is very shallow thruout and most of the time the fish are in around 8 to 12 foot of water .Deepest spots there are only around 15 or so deep with a really rare 19 to 20 in one spot near the dam .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Redge thanked you for this post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ketchn!

Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch. Great report.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

I need one of those days!

Post Thanks / Like

I ain't skeeered to use a 1/8, matter fact if I tie a 1/64th I usually tie it in 1/32, 1/16 & 1/8..... no doubt feesh the lightest I can get away without having a big bow in my line & the winds more so than depth determines the weight jig I use..... there's more than one way to skin a crappie for sure...... nice ketchn Ketchn......
    Likes Redge LIKED above post