Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lew's Wally Marshall pro spinning rods...small guides

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lew's Wally Marshall pro spinning rods...small guides

I was looking for some new rods for casting jigs, and I saw these rods, and noticed the guides are smaller overall than what i am used too. Even the stripper guide was very small. i like to use Shimano 2500 size reels, and wonder if that quick of a size reduction from the lip of the spool to that first small guide is going to reduce the length of my cast? I guess it wouldn't matter if you used small ultralight reels. Are these tiny guides a good thing? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The rods that I have with the small guides are jig poles. That being said, I can cast and flip just fine ( when needed) with my 8’ B n M.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Micro guides ... basically used to keep the line straight and lessen line coil slap for greater casting distance, plus being lighter weight to reduce the overall weight of the rod. And there are generally more of them than standard size guides, for the purpose of less stress on the rod blank :

Many baitcast & spinning rods are being made with these micro guides, starting many years ago in the Bass rod industry.
    Likes barrelslime, JimmyCricket LIKED above post