Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Favorite Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Rigging

I use these two rigs when spider rigging. What do you all use? Is one better than the other? Are there different se ups?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes greenie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use braided line so anything other than the regular carolina rig tangles bad unless I use a swivel and tie on mono for the hooks and weight. If I do that, I do the first one listed.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There used to be a thread with several different versions of riggings, many of which could be used when Spider Rig fishing. Unfortunately, with Photobucket cutting the links to those images ... a great deal of those images/pictures are no longer available to be seen on this site.

In your sketch ... I see a Capps/Coleman double hook setup on the left & something similar to a "KY Lake Rig" on the right. Keeping the "double hook" setup in play, I'm not sure there are "other" setups that differ much. But, there are single hook setups that are different, but those are simply having the weight above the leader/hook rigging, in the more traditional hook/sinker rig of old. The only other double hook setup, that I'm aware of, is the one with all the metal spreader hardware ... and I'm not so sure that is very functional in a moving boat scenario, as Spider Rigging normally dictates (even though it is, usually, moving at a very slow rate of speed). I believe those rigs were intended for use when the boat (or angler) was stationary, or what some call "tightline fishing" (and what I was brought up calling "still fishing" ... as in the boat being tied off to something, or anchored, or the angler was on a stationary platform, such as a pier or dock, etc.).

As to there being more double hook rigs ... the only thing I can think of would be to have a heavy weight above both hooks - each hook being on a different length of leader - and the longest leader having a smaller weight attached to it, in order to keep it from tangling with the upper/shorter leader & hook. But, that's really just a slight modification of the Capps/Coleman rig, and would likely be more cumbersome than useful. (and when I say "hook", I'm referring to both a plain hook &/or a jig)

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Capps and Coleman style like you have on the left is used a lot in Mississippi.....the other rig you show is a Kentucky rig....some of the guys use them. I have tried the spreader rigs tha Pappy mentioned but I dont care for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

And there's Snake n da brush® ...

Name:  34257A50-FEEF-4482-8C65-1E9A05676198_zpssmnkoory.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  134.1 KB

I sometimes use a gnat in place of the lower hook ...

I sometimes add a gnat on a short leader snapped to 1 of the swivel eyes of Snake n da brush® ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I started using Mr. Crappie troll-teck crappie rig. Its a great rig for spider rigging, slow trolling or drifting. I use 1/2oz and 3/4 oz.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app