HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introducing Trickstep.......

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default introducing Trickstep.......

LIfe just got awhile lot easier for Mr Fatboy...its been a hard road to deal with getting in and out of my Ranger fish and ski the past few years,, So this year for my early birthday present. Instead of the usual new rifle, trolling motor and fishfinder, I thought of treating my health to alittle better lifestyle,,,Lifes fixing to get a lot easier now with my new Tricksteps,,lt wasn't cheap, but nothing in life that's quality is cheap...anyway,,,without further delay,,,,Tricksteps
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a winner, especially for us older fishermen.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Crest,,,,nothing worse then hanging a leg overboard and having both legs lock up with Charlie horses,,,People were starting to think I had issues...lol....BTW Crest,,,Good to meet somebody from my neck of da woods,,,I was raised in the town of Bourne BTW,,,,Buzzards Bay to be honest,,,lol,,,,People generally laugh when I teller I'm from Buzzards Bay....
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! That hand hold bar will really be a help also.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They look great
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's nice, what is the height of the grab bar?
    2002 Bass Tracker PT185 90hp Mercury ELPTO
    Everything Millennium
    B'n'M PST's
    1236 Jon Boat 5hp Mercury

Post Thanks / Like

moe,,, not sure exactly what you mean but actual height of grab bar where it's mounted to step to the top is only 40" tall....from ground up to top would be totally different
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing that bugs me is that where it mounts to the winch bad,,,, if you look it holds winch and steps with only a 2" bar,,,that's a lot of weight with boat,winch and steps,,, I may have to weld them together on top so get more strength,,,like a flat step on afar ê part of trailer,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My only concern with them is the lowest step ... and if it would be below the level of the vehicle's rear end. Some vehicles do not have very sharp turning radius' and backing a boat up in a confined space can sometimes require nearly jackknifing the trailer. And those steps could end up damaging the vehicle, or being damaged. I'm making that assessment purely from your picture.

I also notice what looks like the bow of your boat not being pulled snugly into the roller. If true, that can throw the weight balance of the boat/trailer off, allowing the bow to rise/fall over rough roads, and possibly wear your strap hook down ... weakening it to the point of eventual failure (usually when trying to winch the boat onto the trailer on a steep ramp ). I've seen it happen, and I've had it happen to me. Just a FWIW tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow crappie...it's amazing how much you see in that picture,,,,, I must admit , I wouldn't ever Had caught the winch thing myself, ,,,I do know that though last time I took my boat out, I broke my strap and had to replace with the fancy Blue strap you now see on it,,, my only problem was,,, I coukdnt tighten it all the way up until I get back down to the ramp and have some water under her,,,,it will tighten once it's against winch mount ....secondly,,, I will have to watch for that turning radius thing with my s10 blazer the first time turning it,,, that thing turns on a dime generally, which won't be to my benefit if it hits that step... Will let you know how it works out,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast