Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover that moves with my dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cover that moves with my dock.

Hi all (new to the forum but I have been lurking for a good bit. )

I have a 4 and 6 year old and they both love fishing (my father got them hooked!) . I have purchased a submersible green light , and am about to build some crappy condos to drop in. Has anyone tried to attach something similar that moves with their dock as Lake levels adjust ? Also I assume the best placement for the green light will be off the side of the slip that we plan to Fish? ? It’s about 14’ deep I have 18-20 off the end but it won’t be easy to fish for my little ones.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/...vc_buckets.jpg

These are what I’m thinking

Look safe for swimmers and I assum won’t hang up the little ones.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from East Central Mississippi. Looks like you already have a great plan to me. I would like to add that although this is a dock always consider it as a boat and keep a life jacket on the 4 and 6 year old while they fish off that 14' water dock. Always better to be safe than sorry.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

People with floating docks are always hanging various forms of cover off the sides (even within the boat slip). Most use trees and tie a concrete block or two to the trunk, then a stout nylon rope to the upper third of the top portion of the tree & tie it off to the frame. Many tie the rope to the frame that's underwater, so it's not easily noticed by other anglers. Those using Cedar trees tie them this way so that the branches are point upwards ... making it less likely for a jig to hang on them. Your condo idea should work just fine. But, if there's any way you could put one of them out front in the deeper water ... it would also help draw more fish in, even to the condos that are in the shallower water under the dock.

That setup would be perfect for using this technique, that even the young'uns could easily master : Crappie Pappy Article
    Likes chippo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the bucket idea. Shouldnt hang up much at all. If your lake level moves up an down like mine does i would put a kleet where ever the bucket will hang that way you can spool more or less rope. Not sure if its floating or stationary. Also i saw a cool thread where one guy filled the bottom of his bucket with bricks/rocks and then cattle cubes along with the black tube branches, looked like a effective way of ringing the dinner bell haha

Post Thanks / Like

Life jackets are required on the little ones at the dock at all times!Cover that moves with my dock.

My dock is floating and I really like the cleat idea .

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll get them made and post up some pics I’m thinking to do a good bit (attach some to the dock ) and have several that are not? )

Post Thanks / Like

so I got my green dock light and used it over the weekend. I didn't have a chance to fish though, but I got some cool picks and was blown away by the amount of bait fish it brought in. I am trying to post some photos but I can't seem to get them to upload. a few questions for people that have them.

is there a certain spot I should place it? should I put it a close to where we plan to fish or jut put it under the dock and se the fish attractors more toward the edges/darker areas? see photos. how deep should I put it? I put a weight on it and have it floating about 1 foot off the bottom I 14-16' of water. should I suspend it higher in the 8-10' range?

also I bought a minnow trap and set it out at dusk with som cheeseits in it ( all I had) ate dinner came back and caught 20 or so( I let them all go). after dark I baited the trap again and placed in the same spot for several hours and overnightand didn't catch any despite 1000's swimming around it? are minnow traps only good during the day? what is everyone using for bait?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

smuurph, that is one bright light. What kind is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Invalid URL

Although that one is the 60 min is the 100? .

I emailed the manufacture and they said to leave it installed and turned on year round.

It sure brings in the bait fish! Hopefully after some time the fun ones follow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast