Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garmin Map76

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin Map76

Has anyone experienced this type of GPS not being able to acquire the satellites? It seems to..for lack of not knowing what to call it...cycle out, then it gives me some options to choose from on a list. I just tell it to keep trying to acquire satellites. My batteries are good. Was a little cloudy today but not bad. I was under trees but there was plenty of sky. I turned it off and have not tried anything since.

Post Thanks / Like

You should check out the garmin site. If the gps has been turned off for a long time It willhave problems on the first startup...Also if you have traveled with it turned off it will be lost for a while.
    It needs time to download the almanac....I may be able to find a link for you.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

It some times will take it up to 5 minutes or longer to acquire the satellites if it loses them or if it has been turned off or stored with out batteries.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have to perform a full reset using one of the sequences shown above you will need to allow the unit to collect a full almanac before normal can be resumed. First a fix will need to be obtained which can take from 5 to 10 minutes of leaving your unit outdoors, stationary, with a good sky view. After the first lock you will need another 12.5 to 15 minutes to get the almanac reloaded. Check the date to insure that the information was reloaded properly. Time will be shown as UTC time since your local time offset was lost in the reset.

Re-establish all of your preferences such as time zone, daylight savings flag, etc. Reload all your waypoints and saved routes from your backup. I do hope you have a backup. WAAS capable receivers will have to re-establish the WAAS almanac as well.

Post Thanks / Like