Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Job Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Job Jim

Last edited by Yates; 10-09-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><
    Likes Nory LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What’s so good about old news? That article I read just now about Slabmasters was about a tourney you had in August and since then 2 more tournaments in Sept. what was the results for Sept? It’s now Oct. 10th. Kudos to those that fished and placed in August.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

just advertisement for them im guessing cevans. isnt there a slabmasters section at the top for this stuff? :/

Post Thanks / Like

You,would think that the Indiana Slabmasters would have annual write ups of each tournament on Indiana,s forum section as it would build up their winners egos a bit. It might build up their membership as well. And they could give their Sponsors a plug as well as show them they are advertising their products more and maybe pick up more sponsons too. Believe me, the more press you give each tourney, and post a couple of pics of the winners and fishies, the more benefits you develop out of it. But, what do I know? I am not knocking the Gadabout as it is what it is, old news by the time it gets printed and sent out. Still a good read however.
    Last edited by cevans; 10-16-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

dont knock till u try it.great crappie club averages 43 teams at every event and shares info on how and where to catch em.i been all over country in tournaments this one is class act.money is not their goal!!!!!!!!some dayum good tournament fishermen too.come try em out 40 dollars a tournament u have to fish 4 and u make championship..
    Likes Nory LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone72 View Post
    dont knock till u try it.great crappie club averages 43 teams at every event and shares info on how and where to catch em.i been all over country in tournaments this one is class act.money is not their goal!!!!!!!!some dayum good tournament fishermen too.come try em out 40 dollars a tournament u have to fish 4 and u make championship..
    Your right. It’s a well run tournament trail that also calls itself a club. What I am saying is, you could build it if you did better press releases and postings vs. all but 2 month old news that would benefit your members as well as the forum.
    Last edited by cevans; 10-16-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you cevans. i remember looking into it when it started. i looked for tourney results to see what the lakes were capable of producing. i became frustrated at the lack of info on the results.

i just looked into it again, while posting this. you have to download a pdf to see results? never mind. <-- some of what he is talking about maybe? make it easy to check out and more will do so.

Post Thanks / Like

why don't they create a position like a publicist to post pics and results for everything to keep their page up dated?
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    why don't they create a position like a publicist to post pics and results for everything to keep their page up dated?

if you go to Crappie Crazy, under tournament trails as well as clubs, Indiana Slab Masters is listed as “Indiana Slab Masters—Indiana’s Premiere Crappie Toirnament Trail”. Any time money is involved, even if run as a club, they are afraid to educate anybody and keep pretty much tight lipped as money is involved. Still, you get the publicity out, and it will build and benefit its members and sponsors. That is a proven fact. It pretty much stays at 45 teams and maybe that is the way they want it. I guess that why nothing much if anything is ever posted on the Indiana forum, but what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

This much I do know, back in the late early 80’s, I was asked or become Publicity Dir. of Indiana Bass Fed. With my contacts in the fishing and boating industry, we took their tourney trail from a 1 boat giveaway to a 3 boat giveaway that was given to us by Ranger and Skeeter. Increased tournament participation from 125-150 to over 250 boats with Indiana DNR capping it at 250 ( I think it’s more regulated now but not sure) boats and limited lake usage during the summer restricting to where we could hold the tourneys and forcing us to use the Ohio River as sites in the summer months. Increased the clubs in the state also. We started the Riley Children’s Benefit tourney and the Leukemia Tourney of which Skeeter gave us a fully rigged boat to give away and started the Leukemia Telethon (I even set and ran the telethon) on channel 6 in Indy with donations Last I heard maybe now topping a maybe million? I would send out a press release to all outdoor writers in their organization getting us publicity also. We didn’t have the internet or forums then. We competed against Red Man and Blugrass Tourney trails holding our own against them. We did work the Sports Shows in having a booth. All of this worked, and couldn’t have been accomplished without getting the word out as to what we represented. It wasn’t that much of a effort on my part to do this for the 3-4 yrs I worked it. So what do I know?
    Last edited by cevans; 10-18-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast