HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electronics are useless..........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electronics are useless..........

IF YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THEM!!!

I mean really, don't you think I should have noticed this?Name:  S00022.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  59.8 KB

This is just a few minutes after launching last night. I got the poles all rigged up and hit the record button and then noticed some activity at the surface not too far away so I threw a few casts in that direction but no takers. I then started rowing and getting the poles tossed out behind and never even noticed that big school on the left, nor the smaller bunch a few minutes later on the right, out there about 30 feet or so. Another shot:

Name:  S00023.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  57.3 KB

I'll be paying a bit more attention in the future. These fish were within 100' of the launch, too. I might have even found some more if I had looked in that area.

Anyway, pay attention to the screen once in a while, OK? You won't wear it out any faster looking at it a bit more often rather than looking away.

I found this this afternoon while playing back the recordings from last night.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes pescador, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't hurt to watch out for other boats either. Luckily I was in a no wake area when I turned in front of another boat Thursday night while checking out bridge pilings. They were a couple hundred feet away but it was still impolite and I was glued to the Helix screen.

So you think those are crappie? Trying to figure out what they look like on SI.
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, on this water, yes they are; I'd put money on it, especially on the left. The right side could be 'gills but I'd lean toward crappie or possibly a mixed school. Not quite clear enough to call it any closer.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Thanks kjones8167 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent screen shots. Learning how to read your electronics certainly is paramount.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I used to own a side-scanner years ago made by Eagle until the unit died. Maybe the price will be more affordable as it has for regular sonar at less than $100 for a color unit. I'd be lost without mine and many I know are still lost with them. For now, I guess my thousand or so casts will remain my side fish finder.