HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: cool lures I found in the mail

Post Thanks / Like

Default cool lures I found in the mail

First off, I need to thank (wicklundrh) for sending these. There were so many plastics and jigs that I didn't have time to try them all, but I will. This is short video using road runner jigs and Charlie brewer plastics. Hope you enjoy!

-Flopping Crappie

Likes Spaceman, S10CHEVY, Spoonminnow LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another good video. Great job and thanks for sharing. Wicklundrh is a generous member sharing some great baits from a couple companies that happen to be crappie.com sponsors. Roadrunners and Sliders. Love them both. Roadrunners with the spinning blade are great to use for many different kinds of fish. I like to cast them to find fish when the going gets tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes floppingcrappie, Yonder, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

road runners are some of the best ever baits created for finding them lost crappie ....that's for sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, shipahoy41 LIKED above post
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video! Hard to beat Roadrunners, especially dressed with a CB Slider Grub.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Casted all my life both spinning and bait casting and used Roadrunners for all that time, as well. Since crappie fishing I have only tight lined (my preference) over structure. When, where and how do you cast for crappie? Aren’t they mostly holding over or around structure? I am sure this is such a basic question but I could use some pointers.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhaire View Post
    Casted all my life both spinning and bait casting and used Roadrunners for all that time, as well. Since crappie fishing I have only tight lined (my preference) over structure. When, where and how do you cast for crappie? Aren’t they mostly holding over or around structure? I am sure this is such a basic question but I could use some pointers.

Well, I am not pro or anything, but I tend to use the hybrid technique of casting and vertical jigging. I am anchored over structure (usually large deeper weedlines or multiple brush piles) and cast in all different directions. I let the jig fall to the bottom and work it back to the boat similar to fishing a texas rig for bass. This next spring I am going to experiment more with casting shorelines since the crappie will be in the shallows for spawning.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhaire View Post
    It's like any other "casting" lure, in that you want (need !!) to put it within their depth zone. When I use them, it's mainly where I can run them in open water ... over or around cover that I know the depth and position of all parts of that cover. If I want to get down into or very close to any parts of the cover, I normally opt for using a weedless jighead/plastics. I find the Roadrunners to be most effective, when casting, if used to cover the first 8ft or so of water depth. They are excellent "search" baits, and pretty good longline trolling baits IMHO. I've yet to really use them when "Pushing" ... but have little doubt they'd be effective with that method. I retrieve them only as fast as is necessary to keep the blade spinning & keep the lure away from potential snags.

I've seen & heard of instances where people have used them as vertical jigging baits, dragging them along the bottom, and/or hopping them up & down off the bottom (in a lift-glide-drop way) ... and caught fish doing so.

If you look at posts #3 & #4 of this thread, you can see what Roadrunners have caught for me ... and believe me, there's several other species that I've caught on them that are not pictured in this thread : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/testi.../353191-pinky/

I even have a 32.5" Tiger Muskie on my wall, that was caught in 1985 with a Roadrunner on an UL outfit & 4lb test line : (and that Roadrunner is still hanging out of the mouth of that mounted fish) :

Name:  2006_1004mounts0004.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  19.0 KB

Ky & Barkley lakes have given up many a Slab to me & my fishing partners when using Roadrunners, as evidenced by this old photo :

Name:  KyLakeCrappie.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  39.8 KB

My preference is the 1/16oz marabou Roadrunner ... either solid pink or solid chartreuse. And when solid pink was no longer a color choice in the Roadrunner lineup ... I had them custom tied by a couple of our members !!
    Likes hdhntr, Slab, floppingcrappie LIKED above post
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great video again.

I got those lures a few years back from Charlie Brewer and TTI Blakemore. I was putting on a crappie camp and many of those went in to gift bags for all the kids we have attend.

Over the last few years I have been able to stretch out that stockpile and continue to introduce new people to their products.

Neither of those companies are personal sponsors of mine but they are great companies and have a great partnership with crappie dot com. I do what I can to help promote cdc and Davis is making some great vidoes.

It was the perfect opportunity to get them some recognition and give Davis some new gear to check out!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Just Steve, "G", floppingcrappie LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab, shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought for certain when you opened up the package some of Rich's world famous Fish Sniper jigs would fall out!

Nice video!
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post