Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone near Tarboro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone near Tarboro

Looking to pick someone's brain about techniques and locations around Tarboro.

Sent from my XT1585 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Local Tackle shops can help or the boat launch when People are taking out

Post Thanks / Like

I hear Rocky Mt reservoir is good. Some of the creeks down around Washington too.

Post Thanks / Like

Reservoir is done dry almost, can't get boat in for the last few months. Gate hydraulic failed and let most of the water out, been to most rivers and creeks. Difficult to keep on them they move so much with water temp, rain muddied water and so on. No real deep depths most run 5 to 8 with a few holes up to 30 in some turns. Dark bottom warms up quick with sunlight and they go to shallow water which crosses out tightlining or spider rigging to many snags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firefly2061 View Post
    Reservoir is done dry almost, can't get boat in for the last few months. Gate hydraulic failed and let most of the water out, been to most rivers and creeks. Difficult to keep on them they move so much with water temp, rain muddied water and so on. No real deep depths most run 5 to 8 with a few holes up to 30 in some turns. Dark bottom warms up quick with sunlight and they go to shallow water which crosses out tightlining or spider rigging to many snags.

Sounds like you have ruled out where I have caught them in the past in the rivers and creeks. As dry as it has been, I would think the water levels and clarity have been pretty consistent low and clear. Find the holes you should find fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is the ramp is closed to put in

Post Thanks / Like

You talking about the lake ramp or river ramps? Also don't hesitate to drive further east and explore the creeks further down on the Tar, Roanoke, Neuse and Chowan as they hold some nice fish. More locally dont forget if the water is low in the river and creeks, then the fish will be concentrated when you find them.