HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 man spider rigging boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 man spider rigging boat

Going to be buying a new boat in the next few months and was curious about what size boat would be needed to fish three guys in the front of the. Boat. If anyone has or has seen a 3 man setup how big of a boat was it. I’m not necessarily planning on fishing three guys all the time but would like to be able to somewhat comfortably if I could. I know I could get a 24 ft boat and have plenty of room but would like to keep it around a 1860. Thanks
    Likes djesse11 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gpurvis17 View Post
    Going to be buying a new boat in the next few months and was curious about what size boat would be needed to fish three guys in the front of the. Boat. If anyone has or has seen a 3 man setup how big of a boat was it. I’m not necessarily planning on fishing three guys all the time but would like to be able to somewhat comfortably if I could. I know I could get a 24 ft boat and have plenty of room but would like to keep it around a 1860. Thanks
    i don't know about 3 people up front spiderriggin you might have to go the custom route for that. i have and 18ft express that i can fish 2 up front and one in back or vice versa.
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the SeaArk Cat series may have something you could work with...

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at a Lowes Catfish 18 couple days ago. Front and back decks are huge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks gpurvis17 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I friend has a 21ft sea ark and you could do it with that boat. I can lay across the deck of that boat easy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna be tight on an 1860,1870 will be roomier.

Post Thanks / Like

pontoon
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the input guys. Not really wanting a pontoon. Like I said it’s not something I plan on doing all the time. Just wondered if someone had done it and what size boat they were using and how it felt

Post Thanks / Like

Sea Ark Rivercat 180 or one of the super wide Alwelds would work for 3 across if anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Finding it stock may be a problem. Most don't configure their front decks for Crappie fishing, let alone 3 wide spider rigging it. I bought and rebuilt a 16' deep-v and added three across seating on the bow. Doubt I will ever fish three across unless it's two adults and my grandson. I have single and double spider rigged off of her. I also have a 30 gallon live/bait well behind the front deck seats.
    Only picture I have of the two seats in place. I do have video with one of my son/grandsons in the double configuration. however it will take to long up load.
    Name:  GOPR1322.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  47.0 KB
    For reference. My bow is 6'3" wide at the center of the seat bases. The seat bases are 21" center to center and my seats are 18" wide. I just measured.
    With all three seats in place, only way around is over the gunwale, or pull a seat off the pedestal.

The $20,000 question. How much space do you want between the seats? The wider the deck, the more the boat costs and the more it costs to operate and tow.

The real question, how often will you seat three across? Realistically, once a summer, once a month, once a week? For me, two across most of the summer when the kids/grandson come with me. When me and a buddy go, or if it's just me, I use the center seat.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast