Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nighty Bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nighty Bite

Tried to ketch me a few crappie the other night . got there around 9 and left before midnight . the fish wanted a natural colored bait about 6 foot under a quill float and I managed a few casting without a float and slow retrieving the jig fairly deep .
    It wasn't the best of excursions fish wise but I did get quite a few bites . nothing of great size came to the bank and I only saw one other crappie managed by a live bait fisherman.
    best part of the night was a hook up on a nice crappie and about the time I set the hook I shuffled my foot a bit and the snake on my foot freaked out and so did I to some degree as I wasn't expecting it .
    now mind you I lost that fish as I did NOT have my mind on the fish for a half second or so and crappie need just about that long to slip the hook in many cases .....
    I think the total was 8 crappie ,2 bluegill,4 yellow bass and 1 largemouth bass , not to my liking numbers wise or fish size wise either ,but it was fun and I miss not getting out at night .the best bite was a very slow retrieve and you didn't have to see the float or really watch it close because you could feel the takes.
    will try it soon again when I think the bite improves a bit for larger fish in that spot , it should be coming on good in a week or so
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice catch. Snake that's when the night fishing trip would have been over or the snake would have been dead.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Wow! Nice catch. Snake that's when the night fishing trip would have been over or the snake would have been dead.
    the funniest part is snakes don't scare me but I sure enough never saw it crawl up on my shoe on the waters edge in he dark until I moved a bit .....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes gravelman6 LIKED above post