HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best trolling motor and why?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the best trolling motor and why?

I'm going to buy a new trolling motor as mine is older than dirt. I would like some opinions from users as to what you like and why. I am particularly interested in the CoPilot feature offered on a couple of units.
    Ain't this something, below freezing then in the upper 70's in just a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you fish?

The one thing you should ask your self is how you like to fish. I have had the auto pilot, the foot control, and the hand control models on my boat in ther front.Now I'm using the long cable minn kota, its because of arthritis in my ankles, the auto pilot is great for fishing open water as is the cable, but if you are a structure or fish where you need quick response, these are not the animals you need, they respond slowly.Another thing to consider is what kind of boat you have, my deep vee isn't that good in rough conditions with the standard foot control, and it needs a lot of attention with the cable sterring, the auto pilot worked somewhere in between.Then the old bugger AGE! if you can handle the foot contortions, the standard foot control is the answer, if you are too sore at the end of the day fromm using one, then consider tyhe other two alternatives, cable or auto pilot, BUT make sure what ever kind you get, have enough thrust it never hurts to turn the power down all the wat, but if it hasn't got enough, you're screwed some times.

Post Thanks / Like

Motorguide wireless with the key fob.

I wouldn't use it for bass fishing necessarially but for slow trolling you can't beat it. I have the 74 pound one on my pontoon boat and it takes me steadily around the lake all day at up to 3 mph.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have been looking at buying a new trolling motor. I have it narrowed down between the Minn Kota auto pilot/co-pilot/us2 or the Motor Guide wireless with sonar. I like the auto pilot feature of the Minn Kota, but the price keeps bringing me back to the Motor Guide, which means I have to sacrifice the auto pilot feature. I hope this thread will give me some info to help me make a decision.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a thread here on the auto pilot a week or 2 ago (I think) which got a lot of responses, and every one who had the auto pilot said it was worth the extra money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older motor guide and have had no trouble at all. I'm not looking to buy one, but I was looking at some of the customer reviews on BPS or Cablea's, and the Minn Kota's got a much better customer review. This may also be something you want to consider. If I were buying one, I don't know what model I would get, but I would lean towards the Minn Kota.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

i use a minnkota autopilot if mine quit today i would purchase another one
    i mainly longline troll and slow troll can't be beat in my opinion
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Minn Kota auto pilot with copilot... I have one, my partner loved it and bought one as did 5 other fishing buddies and we all would never go back to anything else for crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Minn Kota is the only brand I will even think about!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Power Drive & Auto Pilot

I longlinned trolled yesterday from 11am untill about 6:30pm with my trusty Minn Kota power Drive. I love the auto pilots. I have the biggest thrust drive and long shaft because i troll from a pontoon.

Motor Guide is great. I just love the ease of my auto pilot and it's power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast