Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scouting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scouting.

Since my hand prevents me from fishing,I've been doing some research and scouting some hidden pockets of water that look fishy.So far I've found three very promising stretches of isolated river,that doesn't see much fishing pressure at all.
    Today I located nearly 4 miles of river that pretty much is forgotten due to larger water a few miles further down stream. This water is flooded timber,with many sunken trees and logs,plus several deep holes.I fish from a kayak,that makes it even more appealing becuse the bigger boats ( non kayaks )cannot maneuver the timber as well.
    While it does not look promising I will be able to fish this year,I will utilize my time seeking new locations.Update on my hand,I'm several weeks into therapy,no improvement ,main purpose is to keep the hand limber while waiting for the nerves to reunite,Doc says it will be toward next July before the nerves complete their journey.
    Untill then,I will purchase all the lures I can,rearrange the tackle boxes over and over,and keep looking for new spots to fish when the day finally arrives......Fish on!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your hand heals up so you can enjoy the fall bite. You should be ready to fish when the Doctor turns you a loose anyway. I will be looking forward to your reports and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it hurries up and gets it's act together. Great you can get out and get some water time anyway. Good luck on the recovery.