Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbird 565 "low voltage"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird 565 "low voltage"

I hooked up the new 565 and when i hit the trolling motor i get a low voltage
    sign on the unit for just a second ,It still works and the everything seems ok .
    Is this a sign of a bad battery ,?My connections are soldered on so they are ok .Anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your battery. When my battery is getting weak my display will lighten. Is the battery fully charged?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Jon,

Had a similar issue with my 565. The depth would jump from the actual reading (say 8') to 700'. The trolling motor, while on, was messing up the reading. I now power the fish finder with the big motor's battery and now everything is working well. I hope this helps.

I know this isn't the same issue as you have, but wanted you to know my experience with my 565.
    Last edited by DexterCrappieCaptain; 03-12-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

check the voltage setting Mine was set at 11.5 so when i started my big motor it would read low voltage check that first.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Voltage and Humminbirds

DO NOT ... I repeat DO NOT run your 565 when you have low voltage....

I had to send my 565 back into to humminbird to get fixed because it would not turn back on after i had a battery problem and had low voltage... If you read in your manual it warns of this very problem....

Leave your 565 turned off until you get your battery problem resolved... It would even be better if you could run your 565 off of a seperate battery than your trolling motor (could cause interference on your 565)... (if you are able... run it off of your starting battery, if you have one).

Humminbird fixed mine for free, but I was still without it during some hot fishing times......

Post Thanks / Like

Never hook anykind of electronics to your trolling battery. The best thing is to not have anything hooked to your trolling battery except your trolling motor. Hook everything else to your starting battery. If you can afford one, you would be money ahead to purchase a blue top OPTIMA battery battery for your starting battery. I run 3 depthfinders, livewells, etc. all day long and never have a problem starting my engine at the end of the day. I have the depth finder on my trolling motor hooked to the wires for the front running light. That way if I forget to turn it off when I sit back down at the console, I can turn it off from there.

Hope this Helps,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks for all the input everyone .I will get this checked out and let you know when its fixed .

jon

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Also check your battery terminals for corrosion or to see if they're loose.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I just hooked my new 565 up last week, and had the same prob. I added a smaller battery to my jon boat to run the fish finder and bilge pump on, and it worked great sat.

Post Thanks / Like

does the 565 read depths in tenths(ex.4.5) or in whole numbers? i am thinking of buying one but i fish alot of shallow water and this is a must.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast