HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone have a Salimonie report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have a Salimonie report?

Looking to finally get my new boat on the water. I'm going to Salimonie and didn't know if anyone could offer some fish reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Not been there myself all summer. If you don't Herr anything they are probably biting...lol. Good luck

Sent from my E6782 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about Sally but i have seen some pics of good catches from Mississinewa lately. A buddy of mine went to Missy yesterday and didn't do very well but that was probably more operator error lol as i seen some guys had limits yesterday. I have been busy chasing sauger and walleye in the wabash so havent been over that way as much us usual.
    Likes get da limit LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye turning on?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Walleye turning on?

2 weekends ago before the heat wave started me and my 9 year old son caught about 15 sauger and 6 legal eyes out of one hole over a 2 day stretch. Biggest one was 21 inches but a bunch of good eaters at 16 and 17 inches. Also had a couple shorts that had to be released. The heat wave seemed to shut everything off. Hit it again last evening with the cooler weather and got a short eye, a 16 inch eye and a sauger. Hoping this cooler weather gets them going again. Will try again on saturday. Getting almost all of them on twister tails, it's what i use 90 percent of the time. A buddy of mine loves his rapalas but at 8 or 9 bucks a pop i like to stick with my twister tails. Don't feel as bad when i lose one lol.
    Likes jpdawg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, I'm about to work a trip in, in the next week or two dragging crawlers. Tied up a bunch of harnesses I need to lose.

Thanks get da limit thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by get da limit View Post
    Looking to finally get my new boat on the water. I'm going to Salimonie and didn't know if anyone could offer some fish reports?
    Wife and I fished Sally yesterday. I really had high hopes for us limiting out, since my neighbor and I had done pretty well Monday and had only fished for a couple of hours.

The combination of the drastic drop in air temperature, and a stronger than predicted wind, made for tough sledding. We ended up with enough for a decent bag of filets, but it was one of those days where you are glad to be getting off of the water rather than wishing for more daylight and wanting to stay longer.

It seemed like all those changes I mentioned, had them confused. Never could quite get zeroed in on the proper depth to fish....fish finder showed them schooled up in points and mouths at about 12ft., but, those fish weren't biting. The fish willing to bite were around structure, but they were all smallish and the wind made it tough to stay in same spot and would cause your baits to get hung up. Spent a lot of time re-tying lines for bobbers with minnows because they weren't interested in jigs.
    Likes get da limit LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Good deal, I'm about to work a trip in, in the next week or two dragging crawlers. Tied up a bunch of harnesses I need to lose.

Cool weather has picked the bite back up. Went this evening, got 5 keepers, a mix of eyes and sauger. Released 2 short eyes, and
    caught one 25 inch pig.

Likes Locator79, cevans, get da limit LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!!