Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking the boy fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking the boy fishing

Tuesday me and my Son have decided to try out Lake Kickapoo. The lake is out side of Wichita Falls Texas. They have cabins that supply everything except the linnens and food. They are $50.00 a night and require 2 night stay. They have a great fishing barge and are very friendly. One of my great friends and Retired Fire Fighter from here in Paducah caught tons of crappie there as well as some good catfish. He highly recommended it and had some great pics to prove his success there. Looking forward to seeing him whoop me at fishing. I dont know about you guys but seeing my kids catch more fish and bigger fish than me is WAY more fun than winning. It is great to see their faces light up when they beat old Dad. If any of you guys are interested the number to call there is (940) 525-4431 Tell them Gordon, the Fireman from Paducah sent you.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info and good luck to you and your son.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

id like to see some pics sounds interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time with your son. It will time well spent

Gonefission
    Bill

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you guys have great weather and a few coolers of fish to boot! Be sure to carry along your camera. You'll want to cherish those times you guys have together. AND.....we'd like to see a few of them too. :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

GOD bless you Gordon for takeing your kids fishing. I am sure that they will never forget the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy and have a great time. That's a great thing to pass on to your kids.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

don't forget. One day it will be his turn to take dad fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Well we went fishing and Stayed 3 nights at Lake Kickapoo. It is outside of Wichita Falls, Texas. We had a couple of cool fronts come thru and slowed the crappie down a good bit but we still had a great time. The bigges Crappie was 14 1/2" long. They sure do taste good lol. I tell you what folks this was my first time to Lake Kickapoo but it definately wont be my last. It is the closest feeling to being at home I have ever had without being at home. The cabins are great. They are not very big but they are nice. One has a seperate bedroom with a full sized bed and a futon couch that folds out into a full sized bed. Thet other 3 cabins are open accept for the bathroom and have the bed and futon plus a twin bed. All cabins come with a full sized Fridge, stove & oven, sink, microwave, toaster, and coffee pot. Also a full sized bath. They are $50 a night on weekdays, or $100 for 2 days which is the minimum for weekends. If you stay a third night it is $30 more and 7 days is only $200 Also the main thing is everyone down there will treat you like you have known them for 20 years. It was truly a great and memorable time. Oh and by the way my motor on my bass boat decided to ness up while we were there (float on the carb I think) we had to row that thing 3/4 of the way across the lake before we saw a boat that could pull us. Darn that boat weighs a lot lol. Good thing is I had the long paddle and my boy had the short one. He had to paddle 10 to my one lol. Heck he needed it lol. As you can tell guys I had a great time. We only came home with 2 1/2 quart bags of fillets but Boy it was fun..... Oh I hope I did this darned pic thing right.
    Last edited by father of 4; 03-16-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast