PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Trip on eBay

Jerry Blake
01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I put another fishing trip for two on eBay this morning if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11727&item=7129927355&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

Crappie Attitude
01-23-2005, 09:14 AM
I put another fishing trip for two on eBay this morning if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11727&item=7129927355&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

I started it. :cool:

Patrick Vowell
01-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Do you have much luck with that.

Bassman
01-23-2005, 12:24 PM
If i wasn't on the other side of the U.S.A. i would bid on it.

Jerry Blake
01-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Do you have much luck with that.

Hey Patrick:

I don't do very many but they usually pay off in exposure and repeat customers and a lot of times people will book another full or half-day trip while they are here and that helps.

As long as they sell high enough to make it worth the trip I'll keep doing them every now and then during the winter when I'm not as busy as I would like to be.

Ranger375
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Trip is well worth what ever it costs I got the first one he offered this year and just got back. Jerry goes above and beyond to make trip enjoyable for client.

csullivan
01-25-2005, 03:13 AM
How Do The They Bite At The End Of May, I'm Supposed To Be In Hot Springs, Ar For A Week The Last Week In May. Might Be Intrested If The Crappie Are Still Biting.

Jerry Blake
01-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey CSullivan:

They will be in a post spawn pattern through the last half of May and into June. They usually are still stacked on staging beds and biting real well. They'll be on the thin side from the stress of spawning but we get a lot of good size (length) crappie then.

Here's a few pics from late May and early June last year.

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/5-28-04.JPG

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/5-25-04.JPG

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/6-6-04.JPG

Crappie Attitude
01-25-2005, 07:55 AM
NICE!

http://missouriwhitetails.com/forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif

Patrick Vowell
01-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I was wondering if it would be worth my while. I do not have anything booked as of right now for this year.

Drift_Wood
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
What yall doing waiting till the last minute. If it goes at $77.00 that would be a bargain looking at his website dont look like he has too many bad days lol.

Drift_Wood

Jerry Blake
01-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey Patrick:

Give it a try - not much to loose. Do you have a website to direct "lookers" to? These auctions bring a lot of traffic to my website. If you don't have a website (I would highly recommend one) post some pictures right in the ad.

It only costs a few dollars to list something on eBay - if you don't get too fancy - and then a small percentage of the final sale. Ya never no the person that buys it may become your best customer.

You can have a reserve or a high enough starting price to make it worth your while if you're concerned about it going to cheap.

If you need any help just give me a shout.

Ranger375
01-25-2005, 06:14 PM
If somebody don't get in there and up the price I'll be bidding again. I'm trying to be a nice guy and let those of you that have not gotten in on this great deal have an opportunity. I guarantee you'll have a good time plus catch some fish. Never seen a guide so concerned about having happy clients.

Darryl Morris
01-25-2005, 07:36 PM
I've thought about doing it too, Jerry. Probably need to get details from you. Also, the four Paxton Media Group newspapers in Arkansas (Jonesboro, Paragould, Searcy and Russellville) will be jointly hosting an Ebay style auction in trade for advertising. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you details. I'm going to place ads with each paper if the publisher permits it. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

Jerry Blake
01-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I've thought about doing it too, Jerry. Probably need to get details from you. Also, the four Paxton Media Group newspapers in Arkansas (Jonesboro, Paragould, Searcy and Russellville) will be jointly hosting an Ebay style auction in trade for advertising. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you details. I'm going to place ads with each paper if the publisher permits it. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

Hey Darryl:

Yes, if I can trade out for advertising I am interested in the auction the newspaper is going to have - just send me the details.

If you need any help with the eBay auction just let me know - I can walk you through it - its easy once you've done it a time or two.

Patrick Vowell
01-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks Man....

Patrick Vowell
01-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks Man....
website is www.gotchagear.com

Moose1am
01-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Good to see you got your site up and running and completed. Looks Good Patrick.

How narrow of a bow would the two man seat fit on. ie how wide is the base platform?

Thanks Man....
website is www.gotchagear.com (http://www.gotchagear.com/)

Patrick Vowell
01-25-2005, 11:25 PM
42" wide x 12" deep x 4" thick..... that is the size of the unit. I have put them on ebbtides to rangers, as long as it will accomadate the 42" length, it will work.. Thanks for the interest..
patrick

paddlebug235
01-25-2005, 11:34 PM
My wife & I bought a trip 2 Years ago extended to a all day trip. What we liked: Jerry is a great guide he not only puts you on fish he teaches you his method so you can return to your home lake and succeed, He furnishes nice snacks( only guide I have seen do that), when you arrive he visits with you to set parameters. We didn't drive 14 hours to keep a bunch of dinks, we agreed to only keep 10 inches and bigger. We caught a bunch of fish but had 17 keepers. What we really appreciated was that we let him know before we went we wanted to take our boat and fish a couple of days on our own after our day with him. He graciously let us fish the spots he showed us, said he had a bunch of crappie condos and we would be using but a few and he would fish others while we were there. He filleted the fish when we went ashore.

What we didn't like about the Day. Nothing. We will be paying off an expensive but fun Alaska trip from last year. So I won't be bidding this year but just you wait till next year Jerry!

duane
01-26-2005, 01:28 AM
My wife & I bought a trip 2 Years ago extended to a all day trip. What we liked: Jerry is a great guide he not only puts you on fish he teaches you his method so you can return to your home lake and succeed, He furnishes nice snacks( only guide I have seen do that), when you arrive he visits with you to set parameters. We didn't drive 14 hours to keep a bunch of dinks, we agreed to only keep 10 inches and bigger. We caught a bunch of fish but had 17 keepers. What we really appreciated was that we let him know before we went we wanted to take our boat and fish a couple of days on our own after our day with him. He graciously let us fish the spots he showed us, said he had a bunch of crappie condos and we would be using but a few and he would fish others while we were there. He filleted the fish when we went ashore.

What we didn't like about the Day. Nothing. We will be paying off an expensive but fun Alaska trip from last year. So I won't be bidding this year but just you wait till next year Jerry!

Jerry, You cannot get better advertising than that. Save and post it on your ebay ads.

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
01-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Duane has a pretty good idea there jerry. A picture is worth a thousand words and, I really enjoy seeing what your cient's are catching. In fact I look at your web page almost on a everyday basis. You might consider having a place on you web page where clients can say how much they enjoyed themselves and what they really liked about the trip and the services you provide. The more good things people read about you, sure aint going to hurt your busisness. :)

crappiehunter
01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Pat,
You put one up for auction and I will bid. My father lives in In. and not too far from Salamonie and he would even travel to Patoka also.

I was wondering if it would be worth my while. I do not have anything booked as of right now for this year.