Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: crappie tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie tournament

Last night in the chat room I talk to Barry (Ranger375) about some of our board folks talking about having a fun crappie tournament some time. As we talked he ask if their would be in interest in a MO board vs IL board crappie tournament or tournaments. We both said we would post it and see what kind of interest we got.

Originally Posted by Ranger375
    On the chat room there was mention of folks on the Missouri board wanting to have some crappie tournaments this year. I wonder about having a combined missouri/illinois tournament(s).

Would like to hear your input about this idea. Would be a fun tournament with bragging rights most likely. Would plan on having fish fry after the tournament(s). Want to keep fees to a minumum to pay for trophy and any expenses related to the fish fry.

Let's hear what you think and how you'd like to see it set up.

Barry

Then I posted this later that night (just my first thoughts, nothing set in stone)

I think a 2 tournaments would be the way to go. Each board make a list of people interest with there home lakes and also a list of other lakes a tournament could be held. With the visiting board choosing the lake. This would keep things fair for both sides. I know my wife would help with the fish fry. We would come to camp for the weekend more than likely.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Getting me anxious already. Now I'm going to have to start studying Missouri lakes and visiting them in addition to several Illinois lakes I've never been on.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me.

Lets have it somewhere that we can catch some fish, (translated; Missouri.) LOL.

I'll be glad to help out any way I can.
    'Carpe Diem' does not mean "fish of the day."

Post Thanks / Like

I am game! I think 1 in each state would be the best, gives each state a good shot on home waters. Also that way we could see which state does have the best fishing!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

great idea, i'm definitely in.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..the tournament is just in the earliest stages of planning and Crappie Attitude is talking trash already...LOL...this could be fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5lb digital scale, might be able to get my hands on a 20 lb scale to weigh the fish.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a blast,i'm in. how will we partner up? with other people from the board or what.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    sounds like a blast,i'm in. how will we partner up? with other people from the board or what.

you know this and many other things need to be worked out. Barry is having a meeting in Feb at his home for the IL board and has visited us to it. Told me I was interested to coming. Should we do the same here for the MO board. Would be great to meet people from here.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good idea it would be good to put faces to names also we could figure out the details for the tournaments.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast