Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Allatoona Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allatoona Fishing Report

My wife and I went sat. 5/29/04 at 7.00 a.m.started at south end of lake (blockhouse) first brush pile had small crappie holding at 20 feet but not many. Moved to second point with brush in about one hour and tryed to fish but skiers were everywhere, could'nt fish in open water. Moved on up lake past dam to Red Top area around 10:00 on creek channel 25' depth with 10' break and brush.Caught 18 to 20 most 10" or better, one 1.5lb, four 1.25lb keep 15 for the cooler, best 10 weighed 9lb. Caught all on live bait tightlineing 12'to 15'. Hope this will help someone on the lake nicnamed the dead sea.

diehard
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Allatoona Fishing Report

Hello Diehard, Thanks for the fishing report. Sounds like you had a nice time even if the traffic was a little rough. I am not familiar with this lake, Where is it if you don't mind.Thanks for shareing your trip with us. Good fishing and tight lines. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allatoona location

Allatoona is about 30 miles north of Atlanta off I-75. It does not get a lot of crappie fishing pressure and I have caught several 2lb plus fish over the years.Crappie USA is having a fall event in Oct. that is a Megabucks tournament. Would like to invite all to come. I did go back this Sat. and by 1:00 P.M. we caught over 60 fish with two over 2lb.
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Allatoona fishing Report

Hey Diehard, Thanks for the reply. Man that sounds like a great place to fish. Thanks for the report, Keep them comeing and good luck on your next trip.Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Is April 2004 the last anyone has posted a message in here? I just signed up a week ago and was hoping to talk to someone about Crappie fishing on Lake Allatoona. Thanks.
    Go Navy

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Schief79, There are a few people on here that fish Allatoona. I mostly fish for anything that wants to bite. In the spring I get serious about Crappie, and summer bass, and cats, summer nights Crappie, and fall bass and crappie. Don't know if you know the lake well, or what parts of the lake you fish? Would be glad to chat with ya about the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I am frequently on the lake too. I mostly fish the upper end, but I plane on venturing on down. Thanks for the report.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

schief79 i fish allatoona as well usually on the weekend at night, i usually fish from blockhouse up as far as redtop mountain,I dont venture much farther north than illinious creek as i havent been up past that in the day light hours for a long time and its kind of confusing past the illinois creek.
    I usually do alright at the night fishing, i dont keep the fish i just catch and release/ i enjoy going out catching the fish though. I didnt do much good the last 2 weekends but if i catch about half a dozen fish i count that as doing ok for me. i caught an aligator gar fish about 4 foot long at tanyard creek last week,It had a long beek like mouth with ferocious teeth. I let it go so its there for some one else to catch it/ it seemed to like minows. luckily for me the hook only got stuck in its teeth and it was easy to get out, if that fellow got ur finger youd loose skin.