Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dual or Duel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dual or Duel ?

My very good friend and I went on a short trip Saturday . We hit a local lake called Benbrook . We only had about 3 hours late in the day to do it as he was chasing little birds most of the day . We tried what "was or has" been working at first and only had about 10 in the livewell maybe . The vertical timber bite is fading it seems . So here we are looking like its a struggle to ketch fish and he breaks out his BIG ole golf ball Crappie thunder on a 1/8 roadrunner . I cringe and say to myself well its over we are no officially desperate to ketch crappie ......
    He casts it a blooming mile out into open water off a timber line and starts his slow return. About half way back to the boat he rears back on his little ultralite and it bends over double and he says ....There he is ! I laugh and say yeah a big ole bass or hybrid or catfish maybe ....So after a bit of a struggle here comes a big ole slab up beside the boat ! I say well there it is alright the only lone crappie roamimg out in open water on the bottom ...
    Second cast he lights up another big ole slab and I am like hmmmmm maybe he is onto something ....then a Third fish and Ketchn says ...."that's enough of that where are my Go Go minnows " !
    So we stand on the front of his boat and go at it like its a competition , ripping lips on almost every cast . I would cast my little Go Go as far as I could and wait a week for my 1/24 to get to the bottom in 25 foot of water. Half the time when I would pick up my slack there would be a heavy tugging going on before I could even drag my bait ! So the livewell fills up really quickly and it gets to where its more fish than water . Since I already know they are NOT MY fish I suggest maybe we lighten up on keeping fish or he will be cleaning fish quite a while .
    Well long story short we meet 3 men in a boat that are not ketchn fish and give them a few jigs and tips and go on our way ....about half across the lake my bud says hey maybe we should have given "our" fish to them ole boys since they didn't even have a single crappie , I said hey hey wait a minute mister they are not "MY" or "our" fish ....and with that he does a sweeping u turn and back we go .....Well them boys was more than happy to have the fish and we off load them like an episode of wicked tuna , they have one of them magnum fish baskets and its full to the top ....
    it about takes a mechanical hoist to get the fish over from boat to boat and then....
    off we go into the sunset ......
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes "G", scrat, ET Fish, S10CHEVY, etexbasser, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie.and a on making those other fishermen's day.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

SWEET!

Post Thanks / Like

Just another example of "your big heart." Same way you share your insights and leading edge trials and efforts to help us dumb ole "do it the same way as always fellows." I can't express my appreciation enough.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, and nice helping your fellow fishermen.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

good deal

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal! Ain't that what it's all about?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast