Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 9/11/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 9/11/17

Jim & I hit Quinnsigamond again today. Hoping to do even better than our last trip. We launched around 8:00 am on an empty ramp! No other boats out there? Guess people are winding down and prepping for the fall/winter seasons.

Water temp started out at 66 degrees, graduating to near 70 degrees by the time we pulled off at 1:30 pm. Cool start.....sunny....mild.....with calm to moderate breezes. A picture perfect day. Unfortunately the fish didn't think so. We marked plenty of fish and bait in various spots on Flint Pond section of Quinny, but had a tough time in getting anything to bite. We used curly tails, paddle tails, straight tails and Roadrunners.

For five & a half hours of fishing, we only got 7 fish! Stark contrast to our last venture there when we caught & released 49! Don't know what else we could have done; we fished in the weeds, open water basin and whatever edges we could find in this bowl shaped lake. Only one crappie boated! Here's some pictures of today's trip:

Name:  Rich_Bass.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  213.6 KB

Name:  Jim_Perch.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  205.6 KB

Name:  Rich_Perch.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  202.7 KB

The Canada Geese were quite numerous and made quite a ruckus whenever we got near:

Name:  Geese.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  137.1 KB

The lake was pretty today. We even ventured into the upper big water areas which are heavily populated with very expensive condos and corporate facilities:

Name:  Scene.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  95.9 KB

Try as we might, we just could not put together a successful pattern for the day. Nice being out there in any case. Hopefully, Walt will start feeling better and we can once again hit the Quabbin!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Well, 7 is better than a big ol' skunk! I guess we can't always hit a home run on the catching end but on the other hand, always good to get outside at this time of year. Thanks for posting.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post