Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie tourney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie tourney

On the chat room there was mention of folks on the Missouri board wanting to have some crappie tournaments this year. I wonder about having a combined missouri/illinois tournament(s).

Would like to hear your input about this idea. Would be a fun tournament with bragging rights most likely. Would plan on having fish fry after the tournament(s). Want to keep fees to a minumum to pay for trophy and any expenses related to the fish fry.

Let's hear what you think and how you'd like to see it set up.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. Would it be best to do two tournaments? Maybe one in Illinois and one in Missouri, just to keep things fair.
    Last edited by D. Busman; 01-26-2005 at 07:45 PM. Reason: would like to correct my spelling
    Defensor Fortis

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun and I think Busman's idea is a good one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    On the chat room there was mention of folks on the Missouri board wanting to have some crappie tournaments this year. I wonder about having a combined missouri/illinois tournament(s).

Would like to hear your input about this idea. Would be a fun tournament with bragging rights most likely. Would plan on having fish fry after the tournament(s). Want to keep fees to a minumum to pay for trophy and any expenses related to the fish fry.

I think a 2 tournaments would be the way to go. Each board make a list of people interest with there home lakes and also a list of other lakes a tournament could be held. With the visiting board choosing the lake. This would keep things fair for both sides. I know my wife would help with the fish fry. We would come to camp for the weekend more than likely.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea of visiting team choosing lake. I like that idea.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading the Missouri board and they are sure a fiesty bunch..if they catch crappie as good as they say they do I may have to bend the rules to have even half a chance. My wife is my usual fishing buddy but if the Missouri fishing date is one I can attend I may have to leave my wife at home and hire a local Missouri crappie guide to be my partner for that day..LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Meet me at the Cross Roads...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375

Say, um, isn't their some umm common ground for you guys to meet at in the middle right here in Iowa? Maybe say like at Lake rathbun? I'd prolly come down fer it too, seeun's if I'm invited en all. :D

He He! I know youse guys taint affeerd a no Iowans nows arse yees? Girtt Girtt!! We thinks ya'lls have purty mouths ta be braggin witt outsa evolvun usuns!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 01-24-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tim
    Do we need to spread this to Iowa? Thought all Iowans came to Illinois to fish...LOL Just kidding.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

[B]Hey guys & gals MO already out doing us"
    They've got 25 posts (3 from Illini folks) and 234 views

Illini board has 6 posts (2 out of state) with 84 views
    Ranger375
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Heck..I heard that even when an Iowan fishes the "Ole Mississisp" he fishes the Illinois side...LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast