HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Biting Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard Biting Crappie

I am fairly new to Spider rigging. For the most part I consider Crappie to be fairly light biters, but today they were slamming it and running side to side. They would hit it and run and we would swear they were white bass but they were crappie all but once. Big small they were all hitting the same. Still reflecting on what I learned from today but it was a blast...?Anyone else have a day like this?
    Thanks j2will thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

We had them slamming jigs hard today as well ....extra hard fighting fish and whacking jigs like if it was the last meal
    Very few bit light today and some would be just tugging on the jig like a white bass on a minnow ....we were pitching into the wind as far as we could cast and dragging the jigs across submerged timber ....some of the best ever crappie ketchn I have done in a while ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 1 View Post
    I am fairly new to Spider rigging. For the most part I consider Crappie to be fairly light biters, but today they were slamming it and running side to side. They would hit it and run and we would swear they were white bass but they were crappie all but once. Big small they were all hitting the same. Still reflecting on what I learned from today but it was a blast...?Anyone else have a day like this?
    Not Spider Rigging ... but, most of the time when I'm Pushing jigs, the rod tip is buried a foot or so under the water by the time I see the bite. That's especially true when the fish are this size :

Name:  Imported Photos 00120_zpsbpw9hacg.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  107.8 KB
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thats the crazy part we were using minnows today.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of fun when you are using 6 poles and you get 3 or 4 crappie on at one time and your wife is in the back of the boat doing the same. Then you have them all in the boat with several lines tangled. Just love it myself when they are on a feed frenzy and like you said hitting hard and the sonar is lighting up like mad. Excuse me I kind of got carried away. Wow! YES...
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Lots of fun when you are using 6 poles and you get 3 or 4 crappie on at one time and your wife is in the back of the boat doing the same. Then you have them all in the boat with several lines tangled. Just love it myself when they are on a feed frenzy and like you said hitting hard and the sonar is lighting up like mad. Excuse me I kind of got carried away. Wow! YES...
    pretty much sums it up...

Post Thanks / Like

The first fall in water temps perks up the fish. The fish have to be quick and aggressive when they attack a bait ball of shad because the shad are also full of fizz too and roaming open water... they don't get with it now they go hungry.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep we have days when the bite is like that,have to keep a really close watch on those rods or they can get all jacked up in a hurry!

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep had those days to.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually just prior to a big storm they start smashing the baits. Then again, was it a full moon!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast