Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating a Depthfinder Forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creating a Depthfinder Forum?

Since it always draws a lot of interest among members I was wondering what everyone thought about starting a forum where we could post pics from our different depthfinders and get feedback from the other members.
    It would be interesting to see how the other units display their information.
    I,for one, would definately benefit from some good advice as I don't do much but turn my unit on and turn the fish I.D. off.

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea but I would go with a fishing electronics forum to include GPS.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

This pic is of an old cedar tree that still has a lot of limbs left on it. It is laying on its side in 11 feet of water. I pick up some nice fish here from time to time. Notice that I commonly fish in 12 feet or so of water but my unit always displays surface clutter down 4 or 5 feet hiding anything in this range from view. Also, I like to turn my fish ID off so I don't get false fish markings on the screen. I am not sure what I am seeing suspended a few feet off the bottom as I was approaching my brushpile...shad, fish???
    Anybody got any ideas or comments??

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I for one think that is a great idea. There are a lot of great guys on the forum that really know what they are doing with electronics and having a specific forum would make it easier on everyone to ask for help and then recieve it. I have a new Garmin 178C w/ GPS and that thing has more buttons and goodies than HDTV w/ surround sound. I hope we can make this happen.

Post Thanks / Like

I have learned a lot about my depth finder from looking at pictures and reading their interpretations. Come visit the SC board, we have a sticky thread for just this subject.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    I have learned a lot about my depth finder from looking at pictures and reading their interpretations. Come visit the SC board, we have a sticky thread for just this subject.
    Yea! That sounds good. I'm always trying to learn more about what I'm seeing under water. There's already several posts with pics from different kinds of depth finders in the second sticky post on the SC board. I think there's 3 pages of posts now but with all you guys taking pics and posting it'll help alot of others out trying to figure their finders out too. You guys check it out.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a good idea. There's definitely some posters that are REALLY interested in electronics and the latest and greatest technology.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

I want to sound out a loud YES! to the idea. This is one area I need the most help. I have fished for ............. years and could learn a lot from you guys. I'll bet the younger ones here are better with sonar and gps tech stuff than a good number of lets say us seasoned pros.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the idea of an electronics forum that delt with problems, suggestions, and how to use items.
    Joe

-----------------------------
    Still learning this crappie thing.
    -----------------------------

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Slabbandit, PM Edhead and ask. Since you are asking, will you also be willing to moderate it? If so, tell him that. I could learn more from those in the know, fer sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast