Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Central VA fishing, New here.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Central VA fishing, New here.

I am in Chesterfield. Fish the James all the time for catfish. Very near to Dutch Gap ramp. I fish Buggs for stripers and bass, Chesdin a little when the spring bite is on. I have spent the last two years learning to catch big cats here on the James. I have been wanting to learn to crappie fish for a long time. Well, this year I am going to get started. Going to rig up some spinning rods, fiberglass tele poles and some drifting poles and drown some minnows, pull some jigs and such, until I catch some.

I am going to spend some time reading a bunch of the stuff here and see what I can learn.

See ya around.

thanks,
    Dayton

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    I am in Chesterfield. Fish the James all the time for catfish. Very near to Dutch Gap ramp. I fish Buggs for stripers and bass, Chesdin a little when the spring bite is on. I have spent the last two years learning to catch big cats here on the James. I have been wanting to learn to crappie fish for a long time. Well, this year I am going to get started. Going to rig up some spinning rods, fiberglass tele poles and some drifting poles and drown some minnows, pull some jigs and such, until I catch some.

I am going to spend some time reading a bunch of the stuff here and see what I can learn.

See ya around.

thanks,
    Dayton
    Hi Ranger690 and welcome to the board.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. If you still have questions after reading the old posts, ask. We will try and help as much as we can.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ranger, Glad to have you. How about filling us in on some of the crappie action at Chesdin. I have heard some good things but have never been there. Would like to try it but like most places you can spend a lot of time looking if you don't have some local knowledge.
    I'll be happy to give you as much info. as possible on my methods, equpment, etc..

March is coming!- Brad Baker
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o