PDA

View Full Version : HURRICANE IRMA..

Thebassguy
09-05-2017, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmSCBO4hc4

Well today, I loaded the boat up, gassed the truck, got ice and all my drinks at the store, made it all the way to the boat ramp knowing this may be the last time I fish for a while due to this storm only to have a dead cranking battery when I arrived at the ramp. As a first responder I will be riding this storm out and ill be ready to help those out who need it. Hope y’all stay safe and hopefully I am still a boat owner when this things gone and over with!

Ralo79
09-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Stay safe, its gonna get windy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

mighty
09-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Blessings and prayers going up

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

ad1974
09-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Stay safe down there.

footballcoach
09-06-2017, 06:18 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all the Texans affected by Irma!

bandchaser
09-06-2017, 06:55 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all the Texans affected by Irma!
Harvey hit Texas. Irma is potentially going to eat Florida's lunch. Just helping you out coach!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Dollfly
09-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Looks like folks are going to get hit really hard by Irma. Prayers to all that are in harms way.

BigDawgg
09-06-2017, 08:39 AM
I'd love to see this storm fizzle out. Prayers sent! Hope all will be safe. I went through Typhon Pamela in Guam and it's no fun with no where to run. :banghead

Billbob
09-06-2017, 09:08 AM
stay safe

yobuck
09-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Next few days will tell a lot about who gets hit the hardest.
But if I was a Texan, id be awfully nervous.

Crestliner08
09-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Stay safe and God Bless you all down there. Our prayers are with you.

Spaceman
09-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Having been through Camille, Elena, and Katrina...I don't wish these storms on anyone. If you don't leave, stock up well, hunker down, and be safe. Prayers.

Beavz
09-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Prayer sent from North Georgia.
I lived in Texas when Katrina came ashore. Went with the Texas Baptist Men's convention two week afterwards to help out for a week... Lot's of hurting folks! Irma is lots stronger. Play it smart as you can... those 'Canes are no joke!

Hanr3
09-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Stay safe and get your battery charged.

TerryD
09-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Prayers for all in Irma's path. Looks like this is going to be a bad one for sure.

sinkermaker
09-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Stay safe and be careful

skiptomylu
09-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Don't know where you are in Florida, but saw something smart during Harvey after the hit. Some guy had a big tint set up on his roof to escape the water. Had food and a way to get out of the rain and was staying there.

On another note that has impact on me is my grandson and his mother with her hubby in in Tampa and it's too late to get out looking at the roads out. So they will be staying also which I wish was not the case. All I will say on that!

May God Bless you and all that stay!

Skip

Boa3
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
Good luck to all those who stay behind in Florida I don't envy you at all. Stay. safe.

Slab
09-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Stay safe.

crappie flash
09-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Prain for all in Florida. :pray

shipahoy41
09-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Having been through Camille, Elena, and Katrina...I don't wish these storms on anyone. If you don't leave, stock up well, hunker down, and be safe. Prayers.

If you CAN evacuate, please Do! We are praying for you all. If you cannot, now is the time to prepare, not panic.
As a reminder;

1. Start running your ice makers TODAY. Bag the ice. Fill the space between your freezer items as much as you can.
2. Freeze regular tap water for pets, cleaning or drinking. Use Tupperware-type containers. REMEMBER to leave a small bit of space between the top of the water & the lids so the ice expands but doesn't crack the container.
3. Sanitize at least one bathtub & fill with water 24 hours before the storm hits. BUT TODAY MEANWHILE make sure your tub will hold water through a storm. YOU MIGHT THINK YOUR TUB HOLDS WATER but a 20-minute bath is not the same as keeping filled for several days. Fill it with about 2 inches of water & check on it after a couple of hours. If the water is lower, replace your stopper & try again, OR fill several plastic Totes/bins with water & keep them in the tub or a secure low-traffic area of your house.
4. Start using your perishables TODAY to make more room for ice in the freezer.
5. SECURE ALL FIREARMS & AMMUNITION PROPERLY.
6. Gas up all vehicles & check tires & oil TODAY.
7. Get cash TODAY from ATM. Enough to get you through tolls & out of town to get supplies & more gas later. Call your bank if you plan on leaving the state so they don't freeze your card for out-of-area "suspicious" transactions.
8. Screenshot & send to your email all of your important documents. Put originals in sealed bags or plastic bins.
9. Stock up on pet & livestock food & supplies. Have your animals' records handy in case you need to shelter then at a storm-safe facility.
10. Share evacuation plans with family & friends so they know where you will be.
11. Store family heirlooms & photos in plastic bins in a high place, second floor, attic, or safe room if you can't take them with you.
12. Keep old rags & beach towels on your windowsills. Even with the best windows & shutters, water seeping from the wind pressure happens. A few damp towels are better than soaked floors or drywall!
13. Shutter windows & doors & bring everything outside into your garage or house TODAY. Do not wait until the day before. Better to get done early & relax than wait until its too late, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE MANDATORY PERSONNEL (health care worker, emergency worker, or first responder).
14. If you don't already have your hurricane supplies (canned food, lamp oil, hurricane mix and rum, etc.), get them TODAY. Shelves are already empty in some places.

274263[/ATTACH

Our prayers are with Slab and all who will be affected by this monster storm. Harvey in Texas was nothing compared to what Irma will do to Florida. We are also praying for our military, doctors and first responders as they help individuals recover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]274264

Slab
09-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Thank you Ship. I may need a ship soon! lol

Stay strong everyone, and stay safe.

scrat
09-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Prayer sent for everyone in Florida.

skiptomylu
09-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Thank you Ship. I may need a ship soon! lol

Stay strong everyone, and stay safe.

I am thinking my grandson may be in trouble as he is in Tampa, well they moved to someone else house in Brandon, but that not much of a move from Tampa really. Anyway to me it looks like Tampa will get just killed! May God Bless all that decided to stay!

Skip

shipahoy41
09-10-2017, 05:20 PM
It is heading to Atlanta and Birmingham.

wannabe fisherman
09-10-2017, 06:12 PM
My Daughter is a LPN in Ft. Myers at a nursing home and they have been evacuated to a local hospital and she's had to stay at work until they release her, which won't be until the storm passes. she's been there since Friday. her Husband is hunkered down at their house and as of 20 minutes ago, it's 7:11 PM now, the only problem right now is no power. Waiting to see of the storm surge moves in on them.

"G"
09-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Just talked to Slab......they are ok....it has calmed down now...wind not too bad now. No power but they have food and water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

wannabe fisherman
09-12-2017, 05:02 AM
My Daughter is a LPN in Ft. Myers at a nursing home and they have been evacuated to a local hospital and she's had to stay at work until they release her, which won't be until the storm passes. she's been there since Friday. her Husband is hunkered down at their house and as of 20 minutes ago, it's 7:11 PM now, the only problem right now is no power. Waiting to see of the storm surge moves in on them.

heard from daughter last night. She finally got to go home and except no power everything is OK except the yard is a total wreck. Thank you Lord !!