Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is success?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is success?

That is a good question, isn't it? As a fisherman, does success mean catching a lot of fish? To me, I think not. Yea, I want to catch fish every time I head out on the lake, but is that what it is all about? I, myself just enjoy being out there. I enjoy the sights, the smells, the sounds. Did I always notice this? Well, the answer is a definite "NO". With some new developments in my personal live, I have discovered that it is not all about me. All this beauty is about all of us! Nature is not there for us to take advantage of, it is there for us all to enjoy and to grow with. This past weekend while out in the boat I just sat back in my seat and loudly breathed a sigh of relieve. I took in everything and made peace with myself. Nature is just a beautiful thing that we are just here to share with all creatures on this wonderful earth. I ask all of you not to take it for granite, but to immensley enjoy every moment you can for you do not know the length of your stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Could not have said it any better myself. I love to catch fish like anyone, but just to be able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors is a blessing. When I have a stressful day I can get on the lake by myself and forget everything that is going on and when I get in live is so much better.Fished the Crappie USA tourney yesterday did not win or even get a check but had a great day caught about 50 fish Finished 3rd in semipro. And it was a great day just to be on the lake with a good friend.Congrads to all got a check and to all who fished a great trail with good people.D.W. Thanks to crappieday and wife for a great product caught our fish on his new jigs(which was hand delivered, never talked to them but placed a order and did not have time to get them in the mail and they brought them to us)cant wait to try new jigheads with the new colors.
    Last edited by DENNIS WILLIS; 03-11-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing yesterday. I did not think about work one time while I was on the water. There's something about the water that sooths my soul. Didn't catch a lot of fish but recieved about a $1,000.00 worth of therapy. I drove BELOW the speed limit coming home. Today I have been relaxed and actually am looking forward to getting the week started. Well...maybe that's because I'm taking off Friday to fish! GOOD THREAD

Post Thanks / Like

That's a huge part of the joy in fishing for me and Paul. We had a great time Friday and caught some nice fish, we didn't get a limit, but we had a great time, saw a beautiful sunrise, enjoyed the birds and critters and shook off the stress of the everyday world. That's what it's all about for us!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, this past weekend had promised my grandson 11 that we would go fishing, well the water was so muddy that you could almost see coon tracks crossing the river and it was still high from recent rains, but we went Fishing and checked out some places that we can fish later and had a great time even though we did not catch a single fish. Knew that before we left, but the time with my grandson and being able to show him some of the things we seen. Quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing and outdoors = Gods cure all elixir.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I frequently stay on the water from sunup to sundown regardless if I'm catching or not...I just enjoy being out there doing what i love. Couple 3 more weeks and the camping gear will be out.
    I don't go Fishing...I go CATCHING!

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Badi2de/

Post Thanks / Like

That's really all it's about for me. Especially since I never catch fish :D and even if I do I just release 'em.

When I was growing up, my dad never could really understand why I wanted to go hunting w/ him and not hunt. Even now, go fishing for just 3 or 4 hours, deep sea, and be happy going home not sun-burned and w/o any fish, instead of running all day like it was job.
    I guess that's why I don't mind taking my son fishing, knowing I'm DEFINITELY not going to catch anything if I don't get 'em within 30 mins. of fishing. His patience goes thin and the rocks and sticks go to flyin.

One day though.....I'd like to pounce 'em like some of the pics yall post.

Post Thanks / Like

Success is being able to enjoy nature and spend quality time with friends and family.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Success is all the above for me with one thing added. For me it's always a good trip if I can learn something. Along with being out there, this lets me know that I've actually accomplished something I'll remember which adds to my trip, catching fish or not. I might be alone in this, but even though I like the feel good moments, I just don't remember them very well (unless it's with friends or family).
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast