Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another nice trip on 8-30

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another nice trip on 8-30

The perfect weather continues here in CT and last night was just too good not to enjoy outside. After work I loaded up and headed out; launched at 5:40 and pulled out at 7:40 because the cooler was full!
    Yep, I took along the cooler with ice to bring a few home and I ended up filling it. I'm glad I took the small one!
    Everything came on the troll to begin with, trolling with the same gray/sparkle tail and blue-green/white tail as last time. 1st 2 fish were bluegill, both on the green/white; then a nice crappie.
    Name:  IMG_0595.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  95.3 KB

They were also the last fish on that combination until about 20 minutes before knocking off for the evening. The gray/sparkle tail was the hot lure all night long.
    Name:  IMG_0597.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  87.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0596.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  68.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0598.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  77.4 KB

I spent the entire evening just trolling slowly, dragging those 2 soft baits behind. Here is my usual setup.
    Name:  IMG_0600.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  71.6 KB
    The last 2 fish I caught, a small bluegill and one last nice crappie about 12" long came on the green/white combo as the twilight really began to deepen. After this last crappie, I pulled in the lines and headed for the launch as I already had a late evening in store cleaning tonight's catch.
    Name:  IMG_0602.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  107.5 KB

Total for the night was 10 crappie, with most of them 11-12" long and 6 bluegill, keeping only 3 of those as they were on the small size tonight.
    I'm sure the weather will change shortly but this run of October type weather has sure been refreshing here at the end of August. Makes a body want to spend every free minute outside to put it in the bank, so to speak, against the usual hot humid weather of August or the bitter cold of the winter months.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you are getting out and successful. Keep up the good work, the season is getting short up here.
    Tight lines to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Some really nice crappie along with spectacular weather to be fishing.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."