Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another report from 8-26

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another report from 8-26

From about 120 miles west south west of where Crestliner08 was fishing today!

I took the opportunity to get in another couple of hours of fishing in this fabulous fall weather that we're having here in the Northeast. You simply cannot ask for nicer weather than what were having here. My water temp has dropped a couple of degrees to 71 and I noticed that the thermocline that had been around 14' was down to around 16' tonight. I hit the water about 5:45 and pulled off just before 8.
    Name:  IMG_0588.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  57.1 KBName:  IMG_0589.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  59.4 KB

First 2 fish were nice bluegill, both on a BG baby shad, threadfin shad color while trolling.
    Next 2 were crappie taken with the gray body/sparkle tail Southern Pro Stinger, also on the troll.
    Name:  IMG_0591.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  68.0 KBName:  IMG_0590.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  61.8 KB
    I then rowed over a bit closer to the weedline and trolled there but no takers. I kept the SI up with the split screen with the 2D sonar for most of the evening and it really paid off, even sitting still. While simply fan casting I kept an eye on the screen and repeatedly saw white lines appear to one side or the other. I would cast over and sure enough, Bam! Fish on!

If they didn't hit on the cast, I'd push over closer to see if I could jig them up. Didn't have much luck with that but did get 1 or 2.

After a bit, I began trolling with the green body/ white tail and the grey body/sparkle tail and quickly hooked up on both at the same time; almost lost one pole overboard! That bluegill slammed my lure hard while I was just starting to reel in the crappie.
    Name:  IMG_0593.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  70.0 KB

I was pleased to see the groups of fish show up on the graph, even while sitting still. I didn't expect that performance based on reading before buying it; very handy tool to have!
    There were a few more smaller crappie caught that didn't get their picture snapped tonight, I guess about a dozen crappie total with 5 or 6 'gills. No bass or perch today.

All were returned although my wife hinted strongly that it was about time to start putting some in the freezer for the winter; gotta keep her happy so I guess next time I'll be up late cleaning what I catch.

EDIT: can't seem to get rid of this extra picture below the text. If one of the mod's can please do.
    Last edited by Slab; 08-27-2017 at 04:10 AM.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, thanks for sharing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Those are some really nice crappie you're getting.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like if your gonna keep the wifey happy your gonna have to fish some more!!!!

Great catch, nice feesh!