Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report; 8/26/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report; 8/26/17

Walt was laid up with a medical issue for today. Hope he gets this under control soon! Anyway, with a beautiful stretch of weather coming our way - for a change - Jim & I hit a lake he is more familiar with than I am. Quinnisgamond Lake in Worchester, MA. Nice body of water. We launched around 7:50 am today with the air at a brisk 48 degrees and the water at 66. Water clarity around 3' - 4'. Winds calm to slight breezes from time to time.

This is a pretty lake:

Name:  Quinny.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  91.8 KB

Depths average around 18' in the "bowl", to various shallow areas. We fished the southern most pond, so we were out of the main "weekend warrior" crowd. Those folks were plying their skills in the upper, deeper sections of the lake.

We started trolling around 8:10 am and I had 4 fish in the boat by 8:20 - a crappie, a yellow perch, a white perch and a bluegill! Jim was just getting wound up though and we both started nailing a variety of fish, for the next several hours, on various plastics - straight tails, curly tails, paddle tails and Roadrunners. The latter accounted for most of my success for the morning.

We pulled off around 1:30 pm with a total of 49 fish. Most were bluegill, but a decent representation of white perch, yellow perch and crappie. Here are some pictures of our venture today:

Name:  Jim_Bluegill.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  168.8 KB

The gills were really decent! But Jim assured me the best was yet to come.

Name:  Jim_White_1.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  Rich Crappie_1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  Rich_Crappie_2.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  141.1 KB

Name:  Jim_Yellow.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  171.6 KB

We didn't get any giants today, but the hits were frequent and the weather phenomenal. We also "bumped" into a new brood of swans making their way across the pond:

Name:  Swan Family.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  119.8 KB

All in all a decent day spent on the water with another fine fisherman. God Bless America!

BTW, for those folks believing that black crappie do not go after crankbaits, I got 3 that way today! What do you know!
    Last edited by Crestliner08; 08-26-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Additional Information
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good day to me!
    2nd picture down, is that a white perch?
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    Looks like a good day to me!
    2nd picture down, is that a white perch?
    Yes, that is a white perch. They make great eating that size, but the fun comes in when you hit one twice as large!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. That is a pretty lake. Enjoyed the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. love the fishin stories and pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your catch. Look like you had lot of fun.
    LittleJohn