Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monday's trip, 8-21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday's trip, 8-21

I was able to get in another trip last night. Launched about 5:30 and stayed on the water until 8. Did a lot of tinkering with the Helix sonar but did manage to snag a few nice crappie. These were the best of the lot, the pictured fish were all around 12" or so, with maybe 7-8 others that were up to 10" or so, along with a couple of short bass and 1 nice bluegill. The hot lure of the night was a grey body/white tail Stinger with the blue/green body and white tail Stinger fooling a few as well. I rowed all over that pond, looking for suspended crappie in some sort of small school and never found a group. As the sun went behind the hill, I started to get arches on the 2d but could not entice them with vertical jigging; they wanted cast and retrieve all night. Best action came after 7pm, when the wind went calm and the shadow's lengthened.
    And so it goes in my little corner of the world. As I told my wife, I could have fed us if we'd needed it but all were returned for the next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, love those blacks!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip with good success. Keep up the good work and best of luck on the next trip.
    Tight lines to you.